Override / Temporarily disabling Auto Level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dubyagee01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would use a momentary valve. If a ball valve was forgotten in the open position it will damage the compressor.

oceanwanderlust

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think I found a $15 product which is exactly what I need!!!

"Monroe AK29 Shock Absorber Air Hose Kit (Adaptor Kit)" seems to be usually used for bypassing the compressor and manually inflating the bags, but I think I can just use it to deflate the bags.

However, I'm guessing the stock air lines are 1/8 not 1/4 but I'm not sure....

sanity check?

joe

Last edited:

Pittz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you relieve the air that is in the autoride shocks? Undo the clip and pull the hose?

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I found a $15 product which is exactly what I need!!!

"Monroe AK29 Shock Absorber Air Hose Kit (Adaptor Kit)" seems to be usually used for bypassing the compressor and manually inflating the bags, but I think I can just use it to deflate the bags.

However, I'm guessing the stock air lines are 1/8 not 1/4 but I'm not sure....

sanity check?

joe

Not sure but one number may be ID and the other OD. Confirm how the website is listing it.

oceanwanderlust

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Monroe AK29 fit the stock air lines perfectly and took only minutes to install even with my basic mechanical ability; I now have a Schrader valve at the top of the back wheel well which I can use to release the air once the weight is mostly lifted.

Pittz, normally the truck releases the air with an exhaust solenoid once it feels the weight lifted. However my problem is the Tahoe lifts 3-4" above normal ride level before it finally decides to do this.

OP, are you listening? I hope this helped you and others.

joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues