Overheating towing with Denali 6.2L - Losing my F'n mind!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well thanks for listening! It is tiring for sure. I recently did a full flush. I did switch to green, I read on here somewhere to give it a shot. Do far, no better or worse. I plan to order a new radiator now. I'll probably do another flush then too. Used that radiator flush kit too this last time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well thanks for listening! It is tiring for sure. I recently did a full flush. I did switch to green, I read on here somewhere to give it a shot. Do far, no better or worse. I plan to order a new radiator now. I'll probably do another flush then too. Used that radiator flush kit too this last time.

Did you switch to green before all this happened? Did you do a chemical flush or just water?

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a bit of research and one certified gm mechanic says tcc valve messes up after a long drive if it's defective and causes this issue. Sometimes even when not towing. I'll have to find it again. He says valve body should he replaced if this occurs. This particular problem doesn't set off an engine light neither. If it were me I'd get a new valve body and and transmission control module to fix tthat problem and be done with it or get a low mileage 6l80. Both would be the same price.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Love it when symptoms are met with info backed up with GM service/repair data.

I’d buy an inexpensive infrared scanner and keep it in the center console. When things go sideways, get that puppy out and check the fuel and coolant enter/exit temps to compare to typical usage temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you switch to green before all this happened? Did you do a chemical flush or just water?

Both. It did it a few times before I changed and a few times after. I did a chemical flush when I flushed the system.

Sorry for the delay, the baby finally came! Gonna be busy for a while!

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a bit of research and one certified gm mechanic says tcc valve messes up after a long drive if it's defective and causes this issue. Sometimes even when not towing. I'll have to find it again. He says valve body should he replaced if this occurs. This particular problem doesn't set off an engine light neither. If it were me I'd get a new valve body and and transmission control module to fix tthat problem and be done with it or get a low mileage 6l80. Both would be the same price.

I actually had that fixed a while back. For that issue I was getting all sorts of codes and error messages though. Haven't had that issue since then.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! Third girl! We have our hands full! Wife is doing good, sore though. Ended up being a last minute c-section.

As for the truck, just ordered a new radiator, should be here soon!

Thank the Lord your wife is doing well! We also have three girls and yes, they keep us pretty busy!

Get that Denali done quick, I bet that 1-ton Ford brought on the labor! LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts