Over to the Dark Side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Apple Pie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, Just want to introduce myself as a new owner of a 2017 Tahoe LT. My family has been Ford truck people for generations, and now I am jumping to Chevrolet for the first time. The last Chev I owned was a 1957 Bel Air with 283 power pack. Long time ago. At any rate, I am greatly impressed with the new vehicle. Only 34,000 miles, looks like new. More bells and whistles, whew! I traded in my old road warrior 2008 Expedition EL that took my all over America. Things were going bad and I put a fair amount of money of late keeping it going. So here I am, a Chevrolet man and will probably be ostracized from family events from here on. Oh,well, I am the black sheep anyway. I am a retired law enforcement officer and live in State College, PA and winter over on Anna Maria Island, FL . Looking forward to participating in the forum. I will post pictures after I take a few, but it is plain factory now, white over black. No mods or decorations.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, Just want to introduce myself as a new owner of a 2017 Tahoe LT. My family has been Ford truck people for generations, and now I am jumping to Chevrolet for the first time. The last Chev I owned was a 1957 Bel Air with 283 power pack. Long time ago. At any rate, I am greatly impressed with the new vehicle. Only 34,000 miles, looks like new. More bells and whistles, whew! I traded in my old road warrior 2008 Expedition EL that took my all over America. Things were going bad and I put a fair amount of money of late keeping it going. So here I am, a Chevrolet man and will probably be ostracized from family events from here on. Oh,well, I am the black sheep anyway. I am a retired law enforcement officer and live in State College, PA and winter over on Anna Maria Island, FL . Looking forward to participating in the forum. I will post pictures after I take a few, but it is plain factory now, white over black. No mods or decorations.
I used to live in Clearfield. Miss it up there.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach! Stay safe out there!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! You're going to love it and will soon see that it outperforms the Expedition in nearly every way, especially in its ability to drive by lots of gas stations before being necessary to visit one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01