Outside temperature reading.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ken Rolls

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all. I've got an O2 suburban and really the only thing that didn't work was the outside temp display so I purchased a new sensor and popped out the headlight popped out the turn signal assembly and replaced the sensor. I tried to recalibrate it by holding the recirculation and the AC button. I disconnected the wiring to the back of the mirror then plugging it back in I still just have like a dead reading. I've got the direction but the temperature just reads OC. Does anybody have any idea on how to fix this? thank you.

16089362561351451335828652215983.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I've got an O2 suburban and really the only thing that didn't work was the outside temp display so I purchased a new sensor and popped out the headlight popped out the turn signal assembly and replaced the sensor. I tried to recalibrate it by holding the recirculation and the AC button. I disconnected the wiring to the back of the mirror then plugging it back in I still just have like a dead reading. I've got the direction but the temperature just reads OC. Does anybody have any idea on how to fix this? thank you.

View attachment 265945
normally you just have to drive about 5-10 miles for it to start getting a proper reading, if it does not start working after 10 miles driving then I would start looking at the wiring closer or it could be a bad sensor even though it is new

OP
OP
K

Ken Rolls

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok. I put 40-50 miles on it yesterday. The old one did read,just not correctly. Thanks for replying. I'll pop the old one in and see if I get anything different. If it starts to show temps then I'll know the new one is faulty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts