ORDERED: Let the (impatient) wait begin...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jtpmedic

Reaction score
HEY PEEPS!

OK, I did it today, placed the order:

2022 Tahoe RST 2wd
3.0 Duramax Turbo Diesel
Midnight Blue Metallic
Luxury Package
MAX Trailering Package
Driver Alert Package
Interior Protection Package
Panoramic power Sunroof

So for this little experience, I went to 5 local dealers in the Fort Lauderdale, FL metro:
#1 Lou Bachrodt Chevrolet Pompano MSRP +$5000.00
(plus the BS SoFlo mafia shake-down fees of $799 Dealer; $499 Doc; 399 reconditioning fee on trade)
#2 Miami Lakes Chevrolet Miami Lakes NOPE
won't order, too limited allocation. (heard after the fact they were getting $15k markup on their stock and selling them before arrival).
#3 Grieco Chevrolet Fort Lauderdale NOPE
won't order, too limited allocation.
#4 Ed Morse Sawgrass Chevrolet Sunrise MSRP +15000.00
(I walked out shaking my head, ready to give up)
#5 Autonation Chevrolet Pembroke Pines MSRP
"sure, we'll order it. No idea when it'll come in, but sure". I had them appraise my 2022 Jeep Gladiator Diesel and they came back $2500 higher than Dealer #1 and no 'recondition' fee. SOLD!

What surprised me most was that Dealer 5 was the Large nationwide chain, but BY FAR the easiest to work with.

so let the wait begin...

Last edited:

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What surprised me most was that Dealer 5 was the Large nationwide chain, but BY FAR the easiest to work with.
so let the wait begin...
Are you talking about AutoNation in Pembroke Pines? In Miami Bomnin in Dadeland seems to be the biggest.

Make sure you check out the 2021 section.

Welcome from Miami&NYC!

Fourtyfive

Reaction score
Just ordered a 2022 Yukon XL Denali 3.0 today, $500 below MSRP. How long does GM take to assign an order number? I ordered a 2022 Ram Limited Longhorn 2500 6.7 in September, I got $8,000 off MSRP, they give you your VIN in a day or two, the truck will be built by the end of this month. I was told today the Yukon would be 4-5 months.
We have some dealers here that are adding $10,000 to stickers all day long.

Fourtyfive

Reaction score
HEY PEEPS!

OK, I did it today, placed the order:

2022 Tahoe RST 2wd
3.0 Duramax Turbo Diesel
Midnight Blue Metallic
Luxury Package
MAX Trailering Package
Driver Alert Package
Interior Protection Package
Panoramic power Sunroof

So for this little experience, I went to 5 local dealers in the Fort Lauderdale, FL metro:
#1 MSRP +$5000.00 (plus the BS SoFlo mafia shake-down fees of $799 Dealer; $499 Doc; 399 reconditioning fee on trade)
#2 NOPE, won't order, too limited allocation. (heard after the fact they were getting $15k markup on their stock and selling them before arrival).
#3 NOPE, won't order, too limited allocation.
#4 MSRP +15000.00 (I walked out shaking my head, ready to give up)
#5 MSRP "sure, we'll order it. No idea when it'll come in, but sure". I had them appraise my 2022 Jeep Gladiator Diesel and they came back $2500 higher than Dealer 1 and no 'recondition' fee. SOLD!

so let the wait begin...
What wait time were you quoted?

OP
OP
Jtpmedic

Jtpmedic

Reaction score

Are you talking about AutoNation in Pembroke Pines? In Miami Bomnin in Dadeland seems to be the biggest.

Make sure you check out the 2021 section.

Welcome from Miami&NYC!
Yes, you got it.
Hell, I don't care, let's name names.
1. Lou Bachrodt Chevrolet Pompano
2. Miami Lakes Chevrolet Miami Lakes
3. Grieco Chevrolet Fort Lauderdale
4. Ed Morse Sawgrass Chevrolet Sunrise
5. Autonation Chevrolet Pembroke Pines

Anna64

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just ordered a 2022 Yukon XL Denali 3.0 today, $500 below MSRP. How long does GM take to assign an order number? I ordered a 2022 Ram Limited Longhorn 2500 6.7 in September, I got $8,000 off MSRP, they give you your VIN in a day or two, the truck will be built by the end of this month. I was told today the Yukon would be 4-5 months.
We have some dealers here that are adding $10,000 to stickers all day long.
When I was shopping the entire east coast for a Denali, I couldn't believe the price gouging going on. You are absolutely right. It's the dealers' monopoly now. It's a "yes, it's a 10k increase because we have to make all the money we can while we can, and if you don't want it, fine, someone else will buy tomorrow." It was an awful ordeal!

OP
OP
Jtpmedic

Jtpmedic

Reaction score
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!
11/11/2021 Ordered
11/19/2021 Received Order Number and TPW (Disclaimer: I don't believe the TPW for a second as it's 12/20/2021, and I'm sure they'll be shut down for the holidays)
BUT STILL, progress is progress!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9