Ordered a direct fit 8" android deck NOW INSTALLED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

Kyle Pezzetti

Reaction score
Got it installed today, I had a small hold up because of the new harness being for three plugs and mine only having two. The rear speakers had static and that was it, the plug for the rear speakers had two purple and two green for the rear speakers as well as a ground and a brown wire. If any one else does this cut the brown wire and everything will work perfect

First impressions are its great I will post a follow up after more use

20180104_192827.jpg

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it I might have to swap mine for it, I have different brand but copy of the one with buttons for a few months now

miatawnt2b

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
do you have RSE? I have an xtrons unit for my BMW (actually they are really all the same. The stock android on these is pretty *****. You might want to head over to the MTCD android auto section on XDA and plug in malaysk's rom for PX5 or PX3 whichever style unit you have.

OP
OP
K

Kyle Pezzetti

Reaction score
I don't have rse. Hanks for the heads up on XDA I'm no stranger to custom ROMs. Just haven't done it in a while. It doesn't have a micro SD slot so I wonder if it would work from a flash drive in the USB port

OP
OP
K

Kyle Pezzetti

Reaction score
Quick up date call quality on the other end is bad I added an external mic but that didn't help. I have seen other units like these have unshielded wires to the in deck mic and when you add an external it doesn't disable the internal one. I'm going to mess with some settings and see if I can turn it off. Maybe rooting it can turn it off

I don't make to many calls in this car its not enough for me to want to spend 300 more on a decent android auto unit which I feel doesn't do as much as this does

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore

Latest posts