Order # Tracking - Insight to how long it takes GM to accept

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roturn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
UPDATE - I started this thread back in September (Ordered 9/13). Got a TPW in mid-Oct of 12/6. Today GM chat told me vehicle produced on schedule last week! Event code 4300 so hopefully missing the chip hold lot (fingers crossed). Now just need to confirm if I ended up with heated seats/wheel and see how long transit from TX to MA takes - been told 2 weeks to 2 months.....
If it's at 4300, you should be able to pull the window sticker down from your dealer's website. That is what I did, the column lock and start/stop were removed from my SLT. The heated steering wheel was also removed, but it is noted where it will be installed at a later date. Coincidentally, on Dec 11 mine was at 4300 with an ETA of 12/16, it has now been delayed 3 times and scheduled for 1/6. I order mine on 10/30 and tried to pick the most common packages to reduce the delay. Base SLT, w/premium package and sliding console. Still not convinced I will get it next week. The dealer has been very poor with its communication.

Bushhawg24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered my wife a 22 yukon xl at4 with everything except the 6.2L on September 6 2021. I am still sitting at 1100. Getting the run around from the dealer and gm won't tell me anything. Getting frustrated I think the sales person hates me as I text or call every few weeks. It sucks how gm does it now. My in laws ordered a ford explorer st fully loaded at the same time and it arrived before their target production date.

John Folger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I placed an order on an AT4 Yukon in September. I am still sitting in prelim? Why?

OP
OP
C

Cliff-Yukon

Reaction score
Likely your dealer hasn’t gotten an at4 allocation. Most allocation are Denali followed by SLT then at4 hardest to get. Could also be due to or even coupled with package constraint.

Mar48

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My order took 0 days to be accepted by GM, I made sure my dealer had an allocation before placing the order. Order placed 12/3, order confirmed 12/3 with prod date set for 12/27.

Yarosuav

Reaction score
My order took 0 days to be accepted by GM, I made sure my dealer had an allocation before placing the order. Order placed 12/3, order confirmed 12/3 with prod date set for 12/27.
Nice… What model / trim?

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And how did you "Made sure my dealer had an allocation"? The dealers word?
Thanks

Mar48

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
And how did you "Made sure my dealer had an allocation"? The dealers word?
Thanks
Yes, how else would you (real question)? I spoke to about 15 local dealers, only 1 told me they had an open allocation slot currently and it was true. My car arrived yesterday and I just got home with it! Will do a separate post shortly