Order pulled?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
luckylou

luckylou

Reaction score
I agree that you have to get the right person. But I got one woman that could not get any info. It was like they ignored her. I called back and got the right person. As far as the TPW....as I noted earlier, I had a TPW of 5/16 and when I called on the 17th it was still TPW 5/16 and when I called on 5/19 it was sitting on a truck already built????? Painted, assembled and loaded on a truck in 2 days.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that you have to get the right person. But I got one woman that could not get any info. It was like they ignored her. I called back and got the right person. As far as the TPW....as I noted earlier, I had a TPW of 5/16 and when I called on the 17th it was still TPW 5/16 and when I called on 5/19 it was sitting on a truck already built????? Painted, assembled and loaded on a truck in 2 days.
TWP stands for targeted production week, as in some time that week your vehicle is supposed to be built. Could be on monday, or could be friday or anywhere in between. The date of TWP is the date of Monday of that week. The week is anytime in the next 5 days. Hope this clarifies what TWP means a bit better.

OP
OP
luckylou

luckylou

Reaction score
I want to get a cat back installed at the same time when the Brembos come in. I checked with parts at the dealer and he only had one option. Confused because when I went to build and price there was one (the one he had listed) under "Exterior" and there was another one in Accessories/Performance. I called the 1-800 to find out what this other cat back is. I called 3 times and each time the person I talked to did not know and even though they each made a point of asking me for my telephone # so they could call me back "in case we got disconnected". Got "disconnected" all 3 times I called and no one ever called back. I even commented to the 3rd person that I had been hung up on twice and she said, "Don't worry, I won't hang up on you". She hung up on me. I wasn't being rude or anything they just couldn't answer my question and just hung up.
Meanwhile I found out on my own that the exhaust in Acc/Performance is a Borla single side exhaust. The one in Exterior is the dual to quad out the back. Dual/Quad part # is 84888291. Single/dual Borla part # is 19431801
1000x.jpg1000X1000.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
luckylou

luckylou

Reaction score
Wonder if this is a factor for it being pulled. Sounds like for the pickups the 6.2L is unavailable to order along with the diesel due to supply issues. Guessing it will be the same for the SUVs soon.
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/06/2022-chevy-silverado-6-2l-v8-l87-engine-unavailable-to-order/
"Order Pulled", at least in this case, is a good thing. It's like when you order online from Amazon or whatever and somebody goes out in the warehouse and pulls what you ordered off the shelf. In this case it means the dealer submitted the order and GM pulled it and put it in line to be built.

OP
OP
luckylou

luckylou

Reaction score
Brembo brakes - dealer installed (18 days since delivery, still no Brembos) Black wheels - dealer installed, Black nameplates - dealer installed, Black bowtie - dealer installed, Cat back - dealer installed. ??? What do dealers do with all these parts they take off? I did not know that all these things were all dealer installed. I ordered the cat back after the fact and got 20% off including installation. Cost $45 less than ordering with vehicle. Cost $2250 installed.
Brembo backorder - 1-800 says to check with dealer. GM don't know nuthin'. Dealer don't know nuthin'. Parts don't know nuthin'. Salesman says he will check with "Get ready" tomorrow. Taking Vette in for oil change. Will see? Why does nobody know nuthin'. Somebody gotta know something. Right?

Last edited:
OP
OP
luckylou

luckylou

Reaction score
Cat back and Brembos in. Being installed 7/11. Keeping it overnight. Will post a pic when the Brembos are on.
Called 1-800# asked about when Brembos will be coming a few weeks ago. 1st call - took my phone # in case we got "disconnected". Didn't know anything and I suspect she hung up on me because we got "disconnected" and she never called back? 2nd call - same deal, no info, got "disconnected" again and no call back. 3rd call - when she asked for my # "in case we get disconnected", I told her about the 1st 2 calls. She assured me we would not get "disconnected". She transfered me to someone else and they hung up on me. She didn't lie. 4th call - got Megan. Megan called me back 3 times (never got "disconnected") trying to get info on the Brembos. I talked to the dealer right before she called back again and they said they didn't know nuthin'. Megan called the dealer and called me back and said that the Brembos were at the dealer. The dealer knew I wanted to get the cat back and the Brembos done in one trip. What?
Called the sales manager and asked if he would talk to service, parts, get ready and whoever else it would take to get this all done in one trip. He called back the next day 5 min before I was going to call him at 2PM (it was Thursday 6/30 before the 4th weekend - I wasn't going to wait till Friday) and he got er done. Takin' it in Monday. Yay!
A little worried when I got the appt notice because it said they were installing the "Borla" cat back. That is a one pipe side exit. The Tahoe High C gets the 2 pipe back exit. Confirmed with parts that it is the correct exhaust.
Got the black "High Country". I thought it was a decal. It is not. I am just wondering if someone will pry that off of there to hang on their wall or something. Reminded of the Cadillac and Mercedes hood emblems stolen for necklaces.

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cat back and Brembos in. Being installed 7/11. Keeping it overnight. Will post a pic when the Brembos are on.
Called 1-800# asked about when Brembos will be coming a few weeks ago. 1st call - took my phone # in case we got "disconnected". Didn't know anything and I suspect she hung up on me because we got "disconnected" and she never called back? 2nd call - same deal, no info, got "disconnected" again and no call back. 3rd call - when she asked for my # "in case we get disconnected", I told her about the 1st 2 calls. She assured me we would not get "disconnected". She transfered me to someone else and they hung up on me. She didn't lie. 4th call - got Megan. Megan called me back 3 times (never got "disconnected") trying to get info on the Brembos. I talked to the dealer right before she called back again and they said they didn't know nuthin'. Megan called the dealer and called me back and said that the Brembos were at the dealer. The dealer knew I wanted to get the cat back and the Brembos done in one trip. What?
Called the sales manager and asked if he would talk to service, parts, get ready and whoever else it would take to get this all done in one trip. He called back the next day 5 min before I was going to call him at 2PM (it was Thursday 6/30 before the 4th weekend - I wasn't going to wait till Friday) and he got er done. Takin' it in Monday. Yay!
A little worried when I got the appt notice because it said they were installing the "Borla" cat back. That is a one pipe side exit. The Tahoe High C gets the 2 pipe back exit. Confirmed with parts that it is the correct exhaust.
Got the black "High Country". I thought it was a decal. It is not. I am just wondering if someone will pry that off of there to hang on their wall or something. Reminded of the Cadillac and Mercedes hood emblems stolen for necklaces.
Sweet! Please give review of the Brembos! I feel it should definitely feel like an upgrade and increase the stopping power. Only con would potentially be break dust but I personally don't mind that much.

Wileybird03

Reaction score
Sweet! Please give review of the Brembos! I feel it should definitely feel like an upgrade and increase the stopping power. Only con would potentially be break dust but I personally don't mind that much.
I had brembos ordered till I found out the spare tire doesn’t fit on the front two wheels due to brake caliper being bigger! Gotta swap out a back tire to the front! After that I be like nahhh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamThatRiver24