Options for replacing 2015 LTZ suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpthompson84

Reaction score
So at 78k miles my ride quality has gone to shit and it’s time to replace my 2015 LTZ magnetic ride suspension. It seems like the common consensus is to go with the Arnott SK3354 front and AS3066 rear setup. That’s ~$1,500 parts which seems crazy to me. Are there any more cost friendly options?

I want a comfortable ride so if that costs $1,500 than so be it, but damn….

Also, for those that have gone with that setup, how do you like it? Did it change your front end height? I have a leveling kit so not sure if I will need to remove or keep it when installing.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So at 78k miles my ride quality has gone to shit and it’s time to replace my 2015 LTZ magnetic ride suspension. It seems like the common consensus is to go with the Arnott SK3354 front and AS3066 rear setup. That’s ~$1,500 parts which seems crazy to me. Are there any more cost friendly options?

I want a comfortable ride so if that costs $1,500 than so be it, but damn….

Also, for those that have gone with that setup, how do you like it? Did it change your front end height? I have a leveling kit so not sure if I will need to remove or keep it when installing.
In my readings online I have learned that the Z95 system has to be recalibrated from time to time. It's possible that investing in a bi-directional scan tool will keep you from having to replace the shocks and struts.

Having said that, you are at the early end of the usual life cycle for that cool suspension system.

I would first check and see if one of the struts/shocks has gotten stuck contributing to the bad ride.

OP
OP
M

mpthompson84

Reaction score
In my readings online I have learned that the Z95 system has to be recalibrated from time to time. It's possible that investing in a bi-directional scan tool will keep you from having to replace the shocks and struts.

Having said that, you are at the early end of the usual life cycle for that cool suspension system.

I would first check and see if one of the struts/shocks has gotten stuck contributing to the bad ride.
Thanks for the response. Yeah I don’t think the struts are stuck as I can push down on both sides however the ride is very springy which makes me think that the dampeners just crapped out. I was originally hoping that I can just replace those but it sounds like you have to replace the entire assembly. I do notice some oily residue on the boot at the top of the strut which I’m guessing is a sign of failure?

I didn’t know that the magnetic ride had to be recalibrated every now and then. I’m guessing that’s something the Steeler ship would have to check? I hate taking my car there lol.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Yeah I don’t think the struts are stuck as I can push down on both sides however the ride is very springy which makes me think that the dampeners just crapped out. I was originally hoping that I can just replace those but it sounds like you have to replace the entire assembly. I do notice some oily residue on the boot at the top of the strut which I’m guessing is a sign of failure?

I didn’t know that the magnetic ride had to be recalibrated every now and then. I’m guessing that’s something the Steeler ship would have to check? I hate taking my car there lol.
You can do it too with the right tools.

Also, the top mount of the strut should be checked for movement when you jounce the car. Yeah, oily residue is a clue that it needs changing.

OP
OP
M

mpthompson84

Reaction score
You can do it too with the right tools.

Also, the top mount of the strut should be checked for movement when you jounce the car. Yeah, oily residue is a clue that it needs changing.
The front shock, if I have access to a spring compressor can I just replace the monotube shock itself or do I have to replace the entire shock/strut/spring assembly (ex arnot Sk-3354). Seems like just replacing the shock itself would be alot cheaper.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front shock, if I have access to a spring compressor can I just replace the monotube shock itself or do I have to replace the entire shock/strut/spring assembly (ex arnot Sk-3354). Seems like just replacing the shock itself would be alot cheaper.
Yes, but if the other parts are worn out the new strut will make little difference. Do it right the first time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh