optional phone/ onstar 99 esky

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ceejkay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information or experience with either of these? I would like to know how the phone worked. Also there 2 decent size boxes behind my glove box that i suspect has something to do with these systems.. Just looking for information, from what i can tell these wernt very common
Mic for onstar i think
IMAG0159.jpg
Gps locator for onstar, maybe????
IMAG0160.jpg
Onstar buttons
IMAG0161.jpg
Phone jack in center console
IMAG0162.jpg
Antenna for phone??
IMAG0163.jpg

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
They had a mobile phone option back then. you looking to use it or something. Schematics of some sort?

The cell phone service is no longer part of Onstar service anymore.

The unit behind the glove box are the vehicle communications unit(lower) and vehicle interface unit(upper). You center console had the modem fax line interface.

You know what the antenna does.

OP
OP
Ceejkay

Ceejkay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Schematics of some sort would be nice. i was also curious to see if it played into the radio at all.. Also wondering how deep the system goes into the stock wiring. if im not mistaken onstar could tell you what codes you are pulling while you were driving, so im sure it goes into the pcm. its just one of those things the more knowledge i have the better.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Print this out soon.

Description and Operation The vehicle has been prewired for the dealer installation of a cellular telephone. A fixed mobile system is available. Voice activation and hands-free operation are standard features. A user's guide is provided with the telephone.

Service and Repair REMOVAL PROCEDURE

1. Remove cellular phone from console by opening the top of the console door and lifting phone from console.

1. Remove cellular phone connector from console.
INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

1. Install cellular phone connector to console.

1. Install cellular phone to console by opening the top of the console door and placing phone into console.

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Cellular Inline Harness (C251 and C252)
Cellular Telephone Schematics
icon_note_blank.gif
Notes

Cellular Telephone Schematics (Cellular Inline Harness (C251 and C252))

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Cellular Inline W/Handset (C250 and Interface Card)
Cellular Telephone Schematics
icon_note_blank.gif
Notes

Cellular Telephone Schematics (Cellular Inline w/Handset (C250 and Interface Card))

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

On-Star Schematics
Electrical Diagrams
icon_note_blank.gif
Notes

On-Star Schematics (Luxury w/Handset (C250))

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Cellular Phone Antenna
Component Locations
icon_note_blank.gif
Notes

Cellular Phone Wiring

icon_note_blank.gif
Notes

Crossbody Wiring

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Vehicle Communication Unit
Component Locations
icon_note_blank.gif
Notes

Vehicle Communication Unit (VIU) & Vehicle Interlace Unit (VIU)

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Connector Views
Diagrams
icon_note_blank.gif
Notes

Interface Card Connector

Orange

Reaction score
Any updates to this? Anyone still have the schematics?

bd1980

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey ceejkay, I see in your sig that you have a custom 3rd row seat. How did you do it? Did you use the brackets that they sell at theseatshop.com or something else? I'm really looking to do something like this for my 99 Escalade? Any help I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Orange

Reaction score
for which part?

For the phone part. Schematics or other information. I want to see if there is a pin-out diagram for the phone jack - might try to wire up a bluetooth adapter.

The wiring diagrams above are not accessible.

Thanks for your help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2