OPTIC DRL LED Projector and tail lights opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fink117

Fink117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LEDs I used have fans, but for them to fit, I had to shave to metal bars behind the headlights.
Do you have any pictures of your head light cut off marks on a wall by chance? Probably going to be buying these come tax time

morriskb

Reaction score
I installed the tail lights from DT Moto on my Denali last week and they really dress up the exterior and make it look much sleeker. You can't use your original reverse bulb and need to install a 3157. It's not in the instructions. IMG_3712.JPGIMG_3712.JPG IMG_3723.JPG

IMG_3716.JPG

OP
OP
Fink117

Fink117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks great Morris! Definitely picking up a set.

Woods

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know a good LED KITS for this ones? If I'm not wrong they use, H7s and H11s?... I want something that will fit good as for space, don't want to modify or cut anything on truck. Thanks!!! Appreciate it.

Woods

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know a good LED KITS for this ones? If I'm not wrong they use, H7s and H11s?... I want something that will fit good as for space, don't want to modify or cut anything on truck. Thanks!!! Appreciate it.

Anyone out there, with an answer?... I opened them today and the wiring is completely custom. Is there any LED KIT that fits plug n play? Or a guide to install LEDs on this ones?

Pawel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was starting to get interested in these, until this. So no different from OEMs, as far as fitment of the bulbs, huh? Oh well. They DO look nice.

I just put these on my 11 Tahoe, got Auxbeam gold H7 LED BULBS. The tip on the bulb would not fit the the opening but then I realized that the tip just unscrews. Took a 4 days later got to drive with them on at night for 5 hours. Lights up the road beautifully. Bulb went right in. There is about 1/2 in of air space behind the led bulb once you put cover back on.

Don't get them from DT MOTO on eBay. They are $40 more then other sellers yet they're all made by spyder. I got mine from dtmoto as it said everywhere that it comes with led bulbs which it does not.

Also, here's some more info :

Plasma tube is not bright enough for DRL use, in daylight it's no brighter then the white paint on the truck. Plasma comes wired to sidemarker led so it's plug and play and comes on with parking lights. Everything is setup to fit you factory bulb connectors and factory parking/turn/drl sockets.

Brackets holding the lamp in place seem flimsy although once you install it the lamps doesn't move around.

In my opinion, way better light then factory lights with 55watt hid bulbs.

On housing it says do not with hid bulbs although the lamps come with an extra low beam bulb cover which has a cutout to fit hid bulb pigtail gromet.

IMG_8579.JPG

IMG_8580.JPG

IMG_8581.JPG

Last edited:

Pawel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
LEDs are brighter.

There isn't room behind the h1 high beam to put led. I used cool blue with factory lights for high beam and they matched the hid lows nicely

Pawel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What LED bulb kit did you use? I'd rather not have to rewrite the whole headlight just to use a LED or HID.
So these headlights come with a projector housing?

What would the benefits be of running LED for the headlight over an HID bulb?

Basically, is this the answer that a lot of us have been looking for other than going with a complete retro fit?

Sorry, I'm a newb. But yes, I did read through the sticky about anzo and the other 10page one.

This lamp does have projectors although they all seem to be different as far as light output quality.

Hid bulbs get hot and the light output seems to be scattered all over the place.

Led bulb light seems to be concentrated where it matters lighting up the road and. It the trees.

I had hid bulbs in factory housing and got a pair of auxbeam gold led bulbs. Bulbs would not fit do to low room between headlamps and header panel. I did however get to compare the light pattern output between hid and led and was just blown away by how much more light the led puts out.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons