Opinions on Potential Denali Mods ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UPDATE 3/12 as she stands today:

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

----------------------------------

Hi there ... :)

Since the Opinions on Potential Hybrid Mods ... was so helpful to me in putting together the soon to be sold HyHoe, I thought I'd start a new build thread with my new girlfriend getting delivered at the end of the week.

Thanks to your helpful input, and as some of you know, I bought a 2010 White Diamond Tricoat Denali with the power assist step, blind zone alert, rear console options.

Here are some preliminary pics from the dealership:

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Right now she is bone stock, and before I start major modifications I do need to sell the HyHoe and my retrofit for mrs soulsea to green light expenses.

However I was able to tap into my secret mod fund to do some stuff quickly before she gets back from a trip in a week so as she doesn't spot the changes. :secret: :)

So the initial mods are:

- G5 tails Red (I had to go with these and not oem to get them here by the end of the week and ready to PnP ... down the road I will probably get the custom harnesses done and get the oem esky tails).
- V-Leds backup light.
- Esky D pillar appliques.
- Esky 3rd with red light
- Chrome front grille and rear emblems.
- Chrome tow hooks
- Weathertech tan liner set
- GMC 22" caps and plain Denali 20" caps if I decide to swap wheels.

Like I said I might put the CK375s on her, or I might leave 'em on the Hoe to help sell her faster and at a higher price ... if she doesn't get them then I'll be buying a set of CK913s for her down the road.

The other certain mod will be a set of esky mirrors.

That's it for now, basically other than eskyfying the rear lights swapping the red GMC emblems for chrome ones she's going to stay basically stock for a little while.

But as ideas come up, just as they did in the Hybrid thread, I thought this would be a good place to discuss them and any other potential mods.

Cheers and thanks.

------------------------------------------

UPDATE 1-24-12

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Last edited:

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't forget the esky CHMSL. :)

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

btw, i LOVE the cocoa/cashmere. SO jealous.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I won't forget it ... I believe I listed it in my immediate mod list no? :think:

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

One of the little customizations I'm pondering is to do something a little different with the lift gate lettering setup.

Right now lower left says yukon, the lower right has the 'gmc' letters, and like all yukons theres nothing on the appliqué above the license plate ... this makes the back seem somewhat bland and incomplete to me, not to mention the different size letters at the bottom left and right are unacceptable. :)

So my thought was this ... leave the yukon chrome letters on the lower left as they are, get the same sized letters that say 'denali' on the doors and put them at the bottom right where the gmc letters are now, and put the new bigger chrome gmc letters on the license plate appliqué.

I'm thinking this will add symmetry and a little bit of extra chrome to complete the liftgate look against the pearl paint.

Thoughts?

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you inquired yet with ANDRE? I am sure he is done digging the hole all the way to Texas and he may have some valuable input.

He seems to be a foreign worker, is for sure not German or as **** as you are, but he seems to be a valuable resource you may want to try. :)

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lulz ... will you please stop saying ****?

Yikes! :)

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I won't forget it ... I believe I listed it in my immediate mod list no? :think:

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

One of the little customizations I'm pondering is to do something a little different with the lift gate lettering setup.

Right now lower left says yukon, the lower right has the 'gmc' letters, and like all yukons theres nothing on the appliqué above the license plate ... this makes the back seem somewhat bland and incomplete to me, not to mention the different size letters at the bottom left and right are unacceptable. :)

So my thought was this ... leave the yukon chrome letters on the lower left as they are, get the same sized letters that say 'denali' on the doors and put them at the bottom right where the gmc letters are now, and put the new bigger chrome gmc letters on the license plate appliqué.

I'm thinking this will add symmetry and a little bit of extra chrome to complete the liftgate look against the pearl paint.

Thoughts?

I like my rear end clean... well. the whole thing clean... I would ditch the mouldings and badging right away...

nali1.jpg

And again... completely a styling opinion... but I wouldnt switch to the escalade appliques, but just paint the stocks to match... unless you are going with escalade tails... then the tails and appliques would not match with that body line... Also, I would not switch the spoiler and 3rd brake light, unless you plan on smoking out most of the escalade 3rd light....

Last edited:

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thoughts?

So you will have "DENALI" on the right side where the current red GMC emblem is? Same size letters as the DENALI on the doors?

What new "bigger chrome gmc letters" are you refering to Serge?

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

lulz ... will you please stop saying ****?

Yikes! :)

Ok, your wish is my demand.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you will have "DENALI" on the right side where the current red GMC emblem is? Same size letters as the DENALI on the doors?

What new "bigger chrome gmc letters" are you refering to Serge?

Yes, if the YUKON and DENALI lettering are the same size they would be on the lower left and right of the lift gate respectively.

And I mean the GMC letters that I'm considering centering above the plate are bigger than the other nameplate letters, but they would be the same size as the existing red ones currently located on the lower right. So no change in size, just chrome and centered.

The idea is to locate them where escalades have a chrome appliqué above the license plate.

-----------------------------

@bauer4567: I appreciate the input on de-badging, but my personal taste is for chrome elements on my ride ... so this is more on how to arrange them rather than whether to keep them or not. Cheers!

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, if the YUKON and DENALI lettering are the same size they would be on the lower left and right of the lift gate respectively.

And I mean the GMC letters that I'm considering centering above the plate are bigger than the other nameplate letters, but they would be the same size as the existing red ones currently located on the lower right. So no change in size, just chrome and centered.

The idea is to locate them where escalades have a chrome appliqué above the license plate.

My personal opinion, I LIKE what you are explaining and I think it would look KILLER.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would basically look like this:

picture.php

But with the right letters and with a chrome GMC where the esky chrome appliqué is located.