Opinions on Aftermarket Motor Mounts? '07 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiddianX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so just to confirm, the 6.2 yukon denali will take the H3 passenger side mounts?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
so just to confirm, the 6.2 yukon denali will take the H3 passenger side mounts?

Yes but make sure it is from a '08 - '10 H3 Alpha that came with the 5.3L in it... the mount from the other engines (3.5l and 3.7l inline 5 cylinders) that came in the H3s will not work.

MiddianX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
do or should you replace the trans mount if and when you replace the engine mounts?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do or should you replace the trans mount if and when you replace the engine mounts?
I have never heard of a trans mount going out, they don’t absorb much torque unlike motor mounts plus they’re solid rubber. They can also be easily replaced at any time if ever needed. But if you want to be super thorough by all means do it, they’re cheap like Ken said. I replaced mine when swapping transmissions but that’s because I’m like that, always going the extra mile.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The mounts work when all three are in good condition. Just like tires or shocks, one bad egg will spoil the bunch. The hydraulic mounts provide the best isolation until they fail. The solid H3 mounts are popular because they don’t depend on the fluid to isolate vibration. Unlike the solid mounts, when the fluid is gone, so is the mount.

Keep in mind the solid H3 mount is made for a LH8 5.3L 300hp motor. The hydraulic mounts are made for the L9H/L94 6.2L is rated for 380/403hp. All three mounts should be changed at the same time regardless of what you choose. A compromised mount will quickly ruin a newly installed mount.

Back then I didn’t know to have all three replaced when one was covered on a service contract. I’m one of the owners that rolled the dice hoping only one of the two hydro mounts was bad on my L9H. The trans mounts are not hydro filled on our trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec