Opinion on best spring/shock options ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuburbBill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I Have 1995 burb 4wd , my real only complaint about the vehicle is the floaty suspension. I have done some looking and there are tons of options but one I see the most is the Bilstein setup pretty much what came on the Z71 packages ...not looking to raise or lower just want a little bit stiffer ride, but also do not want to feel every pebble i run over either? Any input is appreciated

Thanks!

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For rear suspension leaf spring, go to Stanly spring, Summit Racing sells it; for shocks, never go wrong with Bilstein.

stu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bilstein go a long way to control the float. I have them on my 99 Yukon and I couldn't imagine the truck without them.

Stu

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Belltech, Bilstein, DJM Suspension, and Edelbrock are all quality shocks (I've used them all successfully over the years), as are Rancho, Monroe, and KYB from what I've heard/read.

In addition to the shocks, consider replacing the control arm bushings with polyurethane versions and upgrade your front/rear sway bars. The control arm bushings will transmit more road feel (which you said you didn't really want), but you'll reap tremendous gains in handling. Upgrading the sway bars won't transmit more road feel, but again will dramatically reduce body roll when maneuvering.

As a poster above stated, your springs might be tired and need replacing. I'd definitely consider replacing the shocks before looking into the springs (unless you've noticed sagging).

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hellwig makes some sway bars for leaf spring use, you would have to look on there website or give them a call for specific application, makes a difference

stu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For those of you who go to polyurethane sway bar and other suspension bushings, do you get any noise at all out of those bushings?

thanks
Stu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout