Opinion on AFM delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G00se

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BlackBear provided me one tune with AFM deleted and another tune with AFM enabled with a note saying there may be 2-3 difference. I plan to drive ~500 miles with each tune and compare MPG, performance, feel, etc.

I decided to run the AFM delete tune permanently due to 1) don't feel the engine switching back and forth from V4 to V8, 2) potential increased engine longevity, 3) no drone in V4 mode (bolt mod), 4) no real noticeable difference in gas mileage given my driving habits.

MaidenInk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had it disabled on mine for two months (10 full tanks of fuel) now and have seen no difference in fuel mileage either way. I average 16 mostly around town driving and after still 16. But it makes the truck feel so much faster and more responsive. I used the Range AFM delete.

How did this affect your MPG?

TheMaineEvent

Reaction score
This is likely a stupid question, but I recently bought a new 2018 Yukon Denali and was wondering if my vehicle has AFM. I can't really tell. If it does I may either buy the Range AFM delete or the BB tune. Do all new Denali's have AFM? If so, which approach do you all recommend? I'm concerned that a tune will void the warranty and with the Range I can pull it when in for service. I had a tune done in my Corvette Z06 and was warned by the dealer that it could void the warranty since they detected it. BTW, my Denali with the 6.2 engine and 10 speed tranny is awesome.

If you scroll through your info settings that show up on your driver's info display you'll find one for a trip monitor and gas mileage average. When driving, it'll show if you in V8 or V4 mode. That's how it works in my 2017 Tahoe anyway.

jpcortese

Reaction score
So far it's a thumbs up for the Range AFM Delete. Ordered directly from Range with their on-line coupon and received it earlier this week Have only driven in locally since I got it but my Denali seems to run a lot smoother. I may pull it on highway travel but that will depend on what I experience from a gas mileage perspective. BTW, I called Range before ordering and asked them a few questions. One of which was the issue of battery drain and codes. They assured me that with the updated firmware there should be no battery drain or codes. Well see, but so far so good.