OOOOPS I broke that sunroof wind deflector.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tekkitan

Reaction score
I did not find one at a junk yard... I was able to reattach the spring that holds the deflector on and it works fine now.

If re attaching that spring doesn't work I would remove it all together and get an aftermarket deflector for 40-50 at the parts store.

Nah my problem isnt the spring. Spring works great. The plastic arms that are attached to the track snapped. I guess I'll just remove it and get an aftermarket like you suggested.

alacran

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check with a dealership. it mite have a lifetime warranty

BananaHANDS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat but I didn't remove the piece cuz I'm pretty sure it keeps tension on the glass to keep it sealed. I just go ahead and hold it down with my finger as it shuts.

Phantomx55

Slow
Reaction score
I know this is old but, did you ever get it fixed? Both of mine broke (wtf!?) by themselves, without my assistance. Now when I open my moon roof, the air deflector goes up and I have to hold it down with my hand when I need to close the moon roof. Not a huge deal but annoying. I can try and JB weld it but I'm concerned on how long it will last with sun beating on it and the moon roof stressing it. I assume how they broke in the first place...

Exact same thing happened to mine..I don't even use my sunroof anymore.

Gary in Texas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That thing that pops up when the roof slides back. I broke on of the plastic pieces on the side that make it popup. now it just lays there and lets the wind buffeting get bad.

it looks like the plastic piece is riveted in the body.

is this replaceable or is there a fix?

I know this is an old string but I had the same issue with my 2006 Avalanche...both broke out of the blue. What I did was drill the rivet out, took some shrink wrap and connected the two parts together...I did not glue them due to in needs the flexibility. I then riveted back in, put some lubricant on top of the shrink wrap so the frame will easily slide across it...viola...it works.

k5fms

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@ Gary > Verified! I just finished my wife's Tahoe. Same problem... good luck finding those plastic parts online. Heat shrink tubing, 1 each pop rivet & some DC4 fixed it right up! Thanks for the words!!

mxfan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine snapped too. Looks like I will do some sort of repairs. Not what I call a long life design from GM.