Onstar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

901Z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My onstar is not showing any power on my 2022 Tahoe . Non of the buttons are lighting up. Has anyone else seen or know of someone that had this problem?

Steve C

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same with my 2022 Yukon Denali. Suddenly no Onstar, no Google, No Alexa, no Speed Limit display and no connection with the GM App! Onstar says take it to dealer. Did so and dealer says it needs a part that has to be ordered AND GUESS WHAT? ITS ON BACKORDER. Paid a fortune for this vehicle and now it's reverted back to an SLT.

Denali84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Backorder for how long…I don’t think the app works anymore either.

Padraig

Reaction score
Do many of you actually renew Onstar? If I recall, it is almost $50 a month for the top plan. I have a phone and great Garmin GPS. I doubt I will renew when my "free" trial expires.

Padraig

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do many of you actually renew Onstar? If I recall, it is almost $50 a month for the top plan. I have a phone and great Garmin GPS. I doubt I will renew when my "free" trial expires.

Padraig
I think very few people retain their OnStar after the trial period. Hence, GM has started to make it "mandatory" on new rigs. For a period of time it was added to your option list and you couldn't remove it. That received a lot of backlash, so they increased the MSRP and then added it to the standard features list.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Padraig
I’ve renewed it every year since 2004. Now, on vehicles up to 2013 they really only had the safety and security plan. I always was able to negotiate an annual plan for that for about $120-130. For $10 a month, it was worth it to me to get auto crash response if my wife and kids were ever in an accident.

Twice I used the roadside assistance; had them come change a tire that went flat, and they did it while I went and watched my daughter play soccer. That guy got a $75 tip. The other time I got a flat while towing my boat on a busy road. Onstar sent a flatbed and towed me and my boat off the highway and then put the spare on. That guy got $100 tip. There was no bill for the tows.

Then, there were 3-4 keys locked in at inconvenient times with no spares within 200 miles. Quick call or app button and vacation saved.

I’ve not yet had to renew my 2022, only owned it for 20 months so far; but the 3 years included data and onstar was one of the reasons I chose the GMC over the Chevy.

Best way to get leverage negotiating is sign up for month to month plan, then call in and ask to cancel. When you finally get connected to the retention team…negotiate until you are happy.

Are there other ways to get similar service…yes. Are they as integrated in the experience, no. Your call whether that has value.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts