Onstar Microphone Pin out 2001?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Onstar Microphone goes from the headliner (driver side) down the a pillar on the passenger side and into the bus panel on the passenger side of the dash. I know that much... I need to know which connector and pins are the onstar microphone in the bus panel.

I plan to build a harness that connects to the existing microphone, then into the tape deck harness. It would splice in a bluetooth 5.0 module to add that functionality to the old truck. I just cannot find a wiring diagram that tells me which connector in the dash is the microphone.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ECt6FENo9jHWiXVaiBm_e-vu5Ulocmfs/view?usp=sharing

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I probed all the pins in the passenger dash electrical junction box. It seems the microphone lines don't run through the box. I then looked at the connectors (behind glove box) for the onstar computer module. I saw the same color wire and success! It appears the microphone is a direct wire to the onstar module. I cross checked this with the wiring diagram (I suck at reading these).

Now I just have to find a creative way to patch into that line without modifying the factory harness much if at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts