onstar free data ended, now what (23 suburban)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
I

Ingeinge

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ended up getting the 2 years prepaid data through onstar. On fast.com I got 49 mbit on the north shore of lake Tahoe while driving. Not too shabby. The photo is from a storm 3 days ago. :)

3dFV2ZAxuhfIVHK2Z2MLq8=w2012-h1515-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so will the fact that the speed limit display in the HUD and cluster will be blank.. sucks about that for sure
This part, leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
At the time of purchase it should have been clear that some of the features currently enabled are going to leave unless you add a subscription.

Is the $300 a year the end of the world, no, but it feels really slimy.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This part, leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
At the time of purchase it should have been clear that some of the features currently enabled are going to leave unless you add a subscription.

Is the $300 a year the end of the world, no, but it feels really slimy.
Well, you can actually not display the speed limit sign by turning it off in the instrument cluster settings.

Next time buy a GMC, you get 3 years “included” data!

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be fair to GM
If you dig through their interior advertisement online. It says "Google built-in".
Then if you drill into those words it says; in small print at the very bottom of the page:
Google built-in services are subject to limitations and availability may vary by vehicle, infotainment system and location. Select service plan required. Certain Google actions and functionality may require account linking. User terms and privacy statements apply. Google, Google Play, and Google Maps are trademarks of Google LLC.

So really, how could a customer ever assume they would get those features by buying the truck :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout