OnStar Features for '22 Tahoes - Speed Limit Sign - Connected Vehicle or App Access Plan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '22 High Country, which is nearing the end of my free ONStar trial.

I'm having some trouble getting some clarity from OnStar regarding specific OnStar connected services features. Specifically, I'm interested having the Speed Limit sign displayed on the HUD. I understand that this feature requires a plan from ONStar (starting with '22 vehicles).

However, I'm unclear on if it needs the Connected Vehicle plan at $25/mo, or the a la cart "App Access" plan at $15/mo.

Anyone know?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may want to try posting in the 2022 section by going to the forums at the top of the page. Someone on there may know since it started with the 2022 model.

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to have the data plan for the speed limit sign to work. Not sure about the 22's but the 2023 models all use Google which connects Google maps through Onstar unlimited data plans.

esanthief

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Connected vehicle or unlimited data. App access does not work for speed sign

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne