Onebad1983's 2005 Yukon 2WD Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Onebad1983

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
Don't know if I ever mentioned this but we've had a lot of rain recently and a few weeks ago my dad tried to mow the yard a few days after it rained (don't get ahead of me here!) and he was constantly getting the lawnmower stuck in the mud. Given that I own the only SUV (even though it's 2WD and my dad's car is AWD-built hemi dodge magnum) he was using it to pull it out. Well the first few times the Konvict pulled his car out, no problem. But he was mowing the back yard and apparently the mud was a bit worse than the front yard because when he went to pull the lawnmower out with my truck he managed to get it pretty stuck. My neighbor had to come over with his NBS Z71 and pull my truck out and my dad and my brother managed to push the lawnmower out (kinda embarrassing that they could push it out but my truck couldn't pull it out but it's whatever, shouldn't have wrecked my old 'Hoe). Obviously it had mud all over it after and it was bugging the hell out of me and I didn't have the time to wash it at my house and I just took it to a car wash (NO I didn't take it to an automatic one- I actually like my vehicle and want to take car of it). So here's a quick pic I took after I got it all cleaned up:
607036218.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Don't know if I ever mentioned this but we've had a lot of rain recently and a few weeks ago my dad tried to mow the yard a few days after it rained (don't get ahead of me here!) and he was constantly getting the lawnmower stuck in the mud. Given that I own the only SUV (even though it's 2WD and my dad's car is AWD-built hemi dodge magnum) he was using it to pull it out. Well the first few times the Konvict pulled his car out, no problem. But he was mowing the back yard and apparently the mud was a bit worse than the front yard because when he went to pull the lawnmower out with my truck he managed to get it pretty stuck. My neighbor had to come over with his NBS Z71 and pull my truck out and my dad and my brother managed to push the lawnmower out (kinda embarrassing that they could push it out but my truck couldn't pull it out but it's whatever, shouldn't have wrecked my old 'Hoe). Obviously it had mud all over it after and it was bugging the hell out of me and I didn't have the time to wash it at my house and I just took it to a car wash (NO I didn't take it to an automatic one- I actually like my vehicle and want to take car of it). So here's a quick pic I took after I got it all cleaned up:
View attachment 244937
Should've gotten a pic when it was all muddy.

OP
OP
Onebad1983

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
Should've gotten a pic when it was all muddy.
It wasn't really bad it just had a lot of mud in the wheel wells. Luckily the wheels aren't wide enough to sling mud all down the side of it

OP
OP
Onebad1983

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
Clean underneath it too? Mud gets trapped in the crevices of the frame.
It was just a spray wash so I didn't get to get under it. It didn't look bad when it was on the lift when I was working on it a couple weeks ago so that's good

chadw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But you just can't beat the feeling of rowing your own gears! My dad wants to manual swap his car, but it's an AWD and dodge never made something that was AWD and manual
Yes, they did. The stealth. Probably more, but for sure the stealth. Btw, i see why gmfs hates you so bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan