Onebad1983's 2005 Yukon 2WD Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Onebad1983

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
It’s been a minute TYF... haven’t been on here since quarantine really but prepare for a long update. The Yukon has gotten some serious miles put on her since the last update, she’s now at 254k and as some of you know, back in august the original trans decided it was time to let go at 243k miles (that’s probably a good indication of how much I was driving) got the new trans in, brand new from gm with a 3 year/100k mile warranty. Got a new job in that time and that’s when the miles really started to go up quick, about 100 miles a day. Back in October she surrendered her daily driver duties to my new car, a 2007 Honda Civic Si coupe:
6424041d553eef4e55113bfd2df61253.jpg
Also had put the headers on and wired up my subs by the time I got my car. The big problem was the yukon was starting to burn a good bit of oil as well so that was the main reason for me getting another car. Drove that car for a while then decided to take the Yukon down to Montgomery about 3 hours away for a big truck meet where I promptly acted like an idiot and proceeded to do donuts in a field for about 10 minutes and overheated the transmission. So I got another trans from gm and got that one put in a couple months ago. The Yukon returned to its daily duties in early April when I couldn’t see a sharp curve in my car and couldn’t slow down in time and went off the road into a field and totaled it. And last weekend I went and picked up my new daily, another 2007 civic Si, a sedan this time, and much more well maintained:
94fe31ff3e749591e1f2cd02b9fe90dc.jpg
So that’s where we are up to this point. Hopefully more coming for the Yukon soon, just gotta save up some money and we will hopefully get started on making her go fast [emoji48]

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
SHEEIIITT CALEB!! I can't talk too much smack, I've done worse when I was your age. Better get it out of your system cuz it gets expensive being that.....um.....young lol! I'm glad you're still in 1 piece tho. About the Honda--at least you have a donor for the sedan. Good thing you were able to get that trans fixed through GM. Did they pay for the labor too? I'd guess they'd have to-- for the install-- to be able to warranty it. Try to stay in 1 piece kid!