Onebad1983's 02 NBS Tahoe Slow Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget: If the deal sounds too good to be true, often times, it is. Inspect anything very thoroughly, past all the polished or new paint and newly-replaced parts. A dealer selling a car for $3,000 (just throwing out a number as an example) that would be twice that anywhere else is a red flag to me. My first thought in such a scenario is it was a flood car they got for pennies, cleaned it up and are looking to offload it "for a great deal". Maybe even a totaled (could have a "washed" title) vehicle, but those require more money put into them to fix up than a flood car. Be wary of the electrical issues and don't take the dealer's word for it that it's "just a sensor". If it was such a cheap and easy fix, then why wouldn't they bother to fix it and make the vehicle so much more appealing?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure thats a general guideline not a rule. That's why I said almost always. I'd also bet you didn't get yours cheap unless you know someone at that dealership, but I could be wrong...

I have every service on my Tahoe since brand new because my parents bought it brand new. Mom got the oil changed religiously and overall we have taken very good care of it over the years. I also have a folder. If I was selling it, I would be asking a premium because of it. As I'm sure you know, vehicles like we have are exceptions to the rule. Most used car lots buy auction vehicles, shine them up, and ask top dollar because thats how they make the most profit.
I paid more for it because I live in Southern California and everything is more expensive here. I also paid more because it was a 74,000 mike truck in very good condition. You pay more that here. Even if I knew someone at that dealership I still would have paid what I paid.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the first one you posted. Let us know what that one on FB turns out like.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How was the truck your dad looked at @Onebad1983 ?

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget: If the deal sounds too good to be true, often times, it is. Inspect anything very thoroughly, past all the polished or new paint and newly-replaced parts. A dealer selling a car for $3,000 (just throwing out a number as an example) that would be twice that anywhere else is a red flag to me. My first thought in such a scenario is it was a flood car they got for pennies, cleaned it up and are looking to offload it "for a great deal". Maybe even a totaled (could have a "washed" title) vehicle, but those require more money put into them to fix up than a flood car. Be wary of the electrical issues and don't take the dealer's word for it that it's "just a sensor". If it was such a cheap and easy fix, then why wouldn't they bother to fix it and make the vehicle so much more appealing?

Quit giving away all my secrets

OP
OP
Onebad1983

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
How was the truck your dad looked at @Onebad1983 ?
They were trying to figure out a place and time to meet and the guy said he was trying to get free and hasn't messaged him back so there's a good chance that the deal fell through. I'm still holding onto the hope that it hasn't though because I really like the truck

OP
OP
Onebad1983

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
Well boys I got a surprise when I got off work last night. I told my mom I was off and then she called me and told me to wait outside and I could follow them home. Weird, but okay. So I'm sitting in my mom's car waiting on them to get there and I could follow them home. They pull up in my brother's Durango and the shop truck. That was a bit odd to me but my dad said he went to work on a buddy's car. I asked where my brother was and he said that he was riding with my grandfather and said he thought they were coming here, then steps out of the way and there's my grandfather and brother sitting there in this:
IMG_2403.jpg
Introducing my new-to-me 2005 Yukon SLT. 238k miles, well maintained, one owner, 2WD sadly (I wanted 4WD so I could put my wheels and tires on there; I thought it would look weird on a 2WD), heated seats, 5.3, Bose sound system, idk what exhaust is on it but it's more aggressive than my Tahoe and I'm gonna keep it and just swap the headers over to make it more aggressive, DVD player, rear bench seat, factory G80 with 3.73s!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well boys I got a surprise when I got off work last night. I told my mom I was off and then she called me and told me to wait outside and I could follow them home. Weird, but okay. So I'm sitting in my mom's car waiting on them to get there and I could follow them home. They pull up in my brother's Durango and the shop truck. That was a bit odd to me but my dad said he went to work on a buddy's car. I asked where my brother was and he said that he was riding with my grandfather and said he thought they were coming here, then steps out of the way and there's my grandfather and brother sitting there in this:
View attachment 238227
Introducing my new-to-me 2005 Yukon SLT. 238k miles, well maintained, one owner, 2WD sadly (I wanted 4WD so I could put my wheels and tires on there; I thought it would look weird on a 2WD), heated seats, 5.3, Bose sound system, idk what exhaust is on it but it's more aggressive than my Tahoe and I'm gonna keep it and just swap the headers over to make it more aggressive, DVD player, rear bench seat, factory G80 with 3.73s!
That is great news Kaleb. Enjoy making this one yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons