One side fog lights not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rog2867

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Quick question. I have a 2021 Yukon Deanli took delivery July 2021. I was outside in the dark decided to put all the lights on to see what it looked like and the right side fog lights don't work. Left side is fine. I have no error lights and the fog light dash icon comes on when I enable them. Any idea what would cause this? I don't know if they have ever worked as I have never tried them. Looks to me to get to them you have to take the tire off and then the wheel well cover. Any ideas?

thanks

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd double check the wiring connector and make sure it's fully seated. Could easily have not been pressed in all the way at the factory...

OP
OP
R

rog2867

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was thinking same, its only 8 months old so still under warranty. Its a stack of 3 leds

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point - it's more than one LED in that unit, so the chance that they all burned out is slim. More than likely the wiring to them has a problem. They should be on the same fused circuit, but you could double check and see if there's fuses for LH and RH foglights.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turn the wheel and you can remove a handful of torx screws from the wheel liner and pull it back a bit then you'll have access to the backside of the fog light. No need to remove the wheel or the liner. I'd put money on it being unplugged

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd double check the wiring connector and make sure it's fully seated. Could easily have not been pressed in all the way at the factory...
I agree, it wouldn't hurt to unplug the connector and blast it with contact cleaner and a little bit of dielectric grease on the pins. Unless you wanted to take it to dealer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne