On Start Up Engine Continues To Try To Start-SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am glad it has all worked out. Report back after a few days driving to be completely sure of the fix.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for closing the loop, I agree with @PNW VietVet, give it a few days to be sure.

Getting back with the final result is so important for others that may be coming down the same road in the future. Good on you.

OP
OP
jabberjaw401

jabberjaw401

Reaction score
Just a little info maybe I can bring to the table that some may find useful, when I get a car I make a Facebook Profile for that car so I can keep track of service, after market things and pictures and videos of service and maintenance. I just use it for myself. Facebook is a great video and picture handling media and something anyone, anywhere can access it. Even if you sold the vehicle you could let the new owner look at all the repairs and maintenance you had completed over the years with pics and dates. All you need is an email which you can get anywhere.

Attachments

• yukon_jack.jpg
    yukon_jack.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
jabberjaw401

jabberjaw401

Reaction score
Just a little info maybe I can bring to the table that some may find useful, when I get a car I make a Facebook Profile for that car so I can keep track of service, after market things and pictures and videos of service and maintenance. I just use it for myself. Facebook is a great video and picture handling media and something anyone, anywhere can access it. Even if you sold the vehicle you could let the new owner look at all the repairs and maintenance you had completed over the years with pics and dates. All you need is an email which you can get anywhere.
Also, the night before I sprayed ArmourAll on all the plastic connection I could get to and it seemed like they came off easier, now this truck lived it entire life in Georgia and it has no rust under it, it was seized by the police so all it knew was drug running!! :)

Attachments

• 20210707_114937.jpg
    20210707_114937.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 6

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Great. It would be good to go back and edit the post heading and add the word SOLVED. Members will open to see what was solved and read the whole thread and that may also help other members with a problem. On the top right of the thread you will see 3 dots. Click there and can "edit thread" and do changes to the original thread heading.

OP
OP
jabberjaw401

jabberjaw401

Reaction score
Outof curiousity, how did you empty the tank before dropping it?
I ran the truck so low it was funny, I had 2 nights to go to work before I knew I was going to replace the fuel pump. I drive about 40 miles round trip and the computer said I had 46 miles range that last night, so I put like $2 dollars in it. Can you imagine the thought people had of a guy showing up in a Tahoe and pumping $2 dollars, lol. I was waiting for some dude to come up and slip me $5 dollars and say don't worry bro, things will get better. I had placed my gas can in the truck, just in case I ran out. As I'm coming home from work that morning the computer even stopped configuring range, it just said Fuel Low really big across the display. Now I'm the dude that freaks at 1/4 tank. So I made it home, backed it onto ramps and when I looked in the tank there was still like an inch of fuel. When I cleaned the top of the pump and seal with an air compressor, alcohol and a rag, I pulled he old fuel pump out. I looked down and some dirt was present in the fuel under the pump. I took 2 clean rags and swiped in the fuel tank catching all the dirt with clean rags and taking the rags to the back yard to immediately discard.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I just drove my rig back from the shop after replacing my fuel pump. I had driven down to 1/8th tank. Some was lost during the fuel pump change over and then running the crap out of it on the road test. When I picked up and started the engine, the needle was on empty and the yellow light was on next to the gauge. The shop operates behind a Shell station. I put in $5 just to get to my normal Chevron station and then filled up. Here in Oregon, we are not allowed to pump our own gas. The attendant was an older lady that looked to be 65+ but she was all over that place pumping fuel by herself. I gave her the $5 and I saw a look. I thought, "she thinks I am broke in this 05 Z71". I then started to tell her I just had the fuel pump changed at the shop behind her and she said, "No biggie, no explanation needed. I just hate to have to walk all the way back in the office with ANY cash before I can turn the pump on". She said, "slows me down". She told me c/c are easy and fast. Basically, "cash sucks, in her opinion".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9