Ole 2 Speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You two will also need to exchange some "shaft" photos...both, pull the rotor and veins out of the pump and check for excessive wear. Light scratches are to be expected. Also, need to trade harnesses.

I have done absolutely zero research on this. The harness and pump are the only things I noticed when we did mine.

We are taking your word as gospel oh great one. Shaft pics inbound tomorrow morning when I get back down there. :Jedi:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You two will also need to exchange some "shaft" photos...both, pull the rotor and veins out of the pump and check for excessive wear. Light scratches are to be expected. Also, need to trade harnesses.

I have done absolutely zero research on this. The harness and pump are the only things I noticed when we did mine.

Lol "veins"

I see what you did there.

Exchanging shafts, veins, light scratches to the pumps, harnesses... You made trannies a dirty thing.

OP
OP
Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got back on this project yesterday and should be starting the trans build tonight, hoping to get it done before I go on Vacation Saturday. Basically just cleaned shop, organized the new trans parts, got the truck jacked and ready for old trans extraction, and got the intake pulled for knock sensor replacement.

Heres a video of us trying to get it to do a burnout in a puddle and it failing to do so.

20210622_200702.jpg

Stonefort

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to lightly scotch bright the surfaces the sprag bearings, piston seals and pump rotor/veins run on. Helps reduce friction by allowing trans fluid to build on the surface. That "precisions transmissions" guy I have watched a hundred videos on harps on this a lot. "Scotch bright is your friend", literally says it in every video. Good luck and post some pics!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons

Latest posts