Ok gloves are coming off!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dieselp

Reaction score
This has been going on for over a month. On jan 12 me and my wife bought a brand new 2011 Yukon Denali Xl. On jan 17 i brought this truck in for service had a shake and the dealer was going to take care of the rail dust on the finish. I advised my sales men that i am very picky and asked if the person taking care of the raildust new what they were doing because if not and they messed it up that we would have an issue. Sales men advised me that the detail guy ie. found out just a porter was really good and never had a complant. Well i went to pick up my truck after they drove it 50 miles to balance and replace 2 tires they could not get to balance and remove the raildust. I found my 5 day old truck in the back lot behind the shop dirty and in the dark. So i drove it out front under the dealership light and became very upset. Throught the dirt and road slime i seen the condition of my paint. It looked like they washed my new truck with a sos pad or steel wool it was in horribile shape. I brought my sales men out to see it he aknowleged the condition and said they would take care of it. so now about a month later and documenting every thing here at home and with calls to gm they just want to do 1 of those never wax again shames. Its been back to the dealer, to a pro detail shop, and to a body shop in the last month. all places they wanted the last place was the body shop buffed on the hood so much that the factory orange peel is gone in the middle of hood witch means i lost some clear and the damage is still there along with marring and haze now. so i told gm and the dealer i want a new denali because it cant be fixed i dont want a repainted truck and thats not what i bought. Let me know what u guys would do? :emotions122: :emotions122: :emotions122:

09tahoehybrid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been going on for over a month. On jan 12 me and my wife bought a brand new 2011 Yukon Denali Xl. On jan 17 i brought this truck in for service had a shake and the dealer was going to take care of the rail dust on the finish. I advised my sales men that i am very picky and asked if the person taking care of the raildust new what they were doing because if not and they messed it up that we would have an issue. Sales men advised me that the detail guy ie. found out just a porter was really good and never had a complant. Well i went to pick up my truck after they drove it 50 miles to balance and replace 2 tires they could not get to balance and remove the raildust. I found my 5 day old truck in the back lot behind the shop dirty and in the dark. So i drove it out front under the dealership light and became very upset. Throught the dirt and road slime i seen the condition of my paint. It looked like they washed my new truck with a sos pad or steel wool it was in horribile shape. I brought my sales men out to see it he aknowleged the condition and said they would take care of it. so now about a month later and documenting every thing here at home and with calls to gm they just want to do 1 of those never wax again shames. Its been back to the dealer, to a pro detail shop, and to a body shop in the last month. all places they wanted the last place was the body shop buffed on the hood so much that the factory orange peel is gone in the middle of hood witch means i lost some clear and the damage is still there along with marring and haze now. so i told gm and the dealer i want a new denali because it cant be fixed i dont want a repainted truck and thats not what i bought. Let me know what u guys would do? :emotions122: :emotions122: :emotions122:

Post up some pictures of the damage to the finish. You do know that rail dust comes off pretty easy with a clay bar and quick detail spray right?, not something the dealer really needs to do.

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
Dieselp... I would ask the same as you unless you choose a detailed that they bring it to and fix the problem if not tell them keep the damn thing and go to a more credible GM dealer ship... I have 7-8 by me and my family has bought one from each and never had terrible service like that.. Sorry for the inconvenience with such a great vehicle hope everything works out though!!!! Good luck

bauer4567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had this issue... but STAY AFTER THEM. We had 3 transs go on 3 of the 11 2500HDs we bought in 2008, all around 85k. At first they said there was NOTHING they could do, but after a lot of contact back and forth to corporate, they made it right and replaced all three through the dealer...

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
damn sucks to have to deal with those stelerships... id hurry up and tell them to a give u a new 1 or b lawsuit....

hbr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Such an easy fix and THEY messed it up........I would argue for a different truck too.

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trash on the paint accumulated from shipping/storage between the factory and final delivery. It starts to rust on top of the clear coat. It does come off with just a little effort.

Exactly. I had it on my ordered 2011 but I was expecting it as I'm somewhat of a weekend detailer for my own vehicles. You can feel it when you gently run your hands across a clean vehicle. Even more so if you put your hand inside a sandwich bag first which is a tip from the detailing sites. I just used a claybar to get it off. I won't let a dealer or car wash place touch my paint.

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

If all else fails maybe you can put pressure on the dealer by filing a BBB Autoline complaint as outlined in your owners manual. I know your complaint is more with the dealer than GM but maybe GM will put pressure on the dealer to make it right. GM responds quickly to these filings. Couldn't hurt and you just file online.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts