Oil pressure switch, screen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
malmed

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I finally got my truck back... Total rebuild, .030 over, new everything. ALL that was wrong was a spun cam bearing, that's it... the lifer was ticking due to lack of oil but it was not hurt... Drove it home today, about 50 miles, running very well... oil pressure idles at ~45lbs, moving down the road at 2,000 rpm, ~55, accelerating hard up to 65.... the only thing I have noticed is a small fluctuation in oil pressure... sitting, rev it to 1500 rpm and hold it, and the oil pressure moves a little, just a few lbs, but it does....
Everything looks like he did a fine job, We shall see....

OP
OP
malmed

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$2,200 for the turnkey job, and he replaced the pitman and idler arm and aligned it for an extra $200.... :) He works full time as an auto-mechanics teacher in high school, and does this 'on the side' at home, even has his own boring machine, etc... he does a lot of local boys race engines....

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$2,200 for the turnkey job, and he replaced the pitman and idler arm and aligned it for an extra $200.... :) He works full time as an auto-mechanics teacher in high school, and does this 'on the side' at home, even has his own boring machine, etc... he does a lot of local boys race engines....
Awesome! Hope the best for you.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Good deal!

Wouldn't sweat the bit of fluctuation. If your pressure is actually good. Hook it up to a mechanical gauge if you're concerned, that'll be your verification. Dash gauge is prone to error in general. Chevy has the better oil Pressure gauge I've seen but it's still no substitute for analogue when it comes to diagnosing

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Damn fine bit of documentation. My neighbor and I bought our Denali used within a matter of months. He got an 06 orig owner XL w/ 140k for $9.6k, I got the 08 1 owner XL w/ 96k for $19.5k.

The (cam) bearing wear, lifter tick and oil pressure drop scenario is the equivalent of a motor is dead [emoji3544] warning light. It’ll get passed on to my neighbor and prolly allow him to keep his XL running for another 100k or sell it on and recoup his orig investment.

The thread is sticky worthy

ace7df71752e887f52f2478059ed57ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was the thread closest to what I think is my issue. All of a sudden my oil pressure reads 80psi and stays there even at hot idle. Most likely the sender has gone bad. My question is does my engine have the screen that should be replaced? I don't have the 2007 type engine with cylinder deactivation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14