Oil pressure sensor replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbOOmm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Yukon Denali Hybrid 2WD. I've had a check engine light on for a couple of days, this started during a road trip, after a couple of brief warning in the dash about "low engine oil pressure". Oil level is fine and the oil pressure gauge seem to be working properly. So I got it scanned at an auto part store and it's a P0521 code, for an engine oil pressure sensor. I found the part on RockAuto, but have been unable to find much guidance to be able to do it myself. is this part easy to DIY? and are you guys aware of any videos or instructions that show how to replace the sensor?

Thank you.
Mike
If you do it yourself or have a shop do it. Remove the oil filter then with the oil pressure sensor removed, flush out that oil passage from the top down... with some sort of oil dissolving cleaner like brake cleaner, carb cleaner etc... then blow it out with compressed air.

That passage from the OPS is a straight shot to the oil filter that's why you remove the oil filter to get that crap that may have built up in that passage to flush out. After changing my OPS and flushing that passage, my valvetrain is a hell of a lot quieter.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
If you do it yourself or have a shop do it. Remove the oil filter then with the oil pressure sensor removed, flush out that oil passage from the top down... with some sort of oil dissolving cleaner like brake cleaner, carb cleaner etc... then blow it out with compressed air.

That passage from the OPS is a straight shot to the oil filter that's why you remove the oil filter to get that crap that may have built up in that passage to flush out. After changing my OPS and flushing that passage, my valvetrain is a hell of a lot quieter.

Interesting tip.