Oil Pressure Issue - Resolved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, on the carport, using floor jack- then used same jack to muscle it back, using zip ties to not loose progress - not my most proud moment
Hey, whatever works! But having done the job 3 times now, I never needed to remove the diff - just needed to drop it down on the passenger side. Waaaaay easier. I'm mentioning this for others' benefit who might read this.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Geotrash At the risk of looking stupid, yes. But! I was also installing a diff drop at the same time so it had to come all the way out. Is there a better way??
Ah, that makes sense then.

Yeah, you don't have to remove the differential on 4WD/AWD models to get the oil pan off. All you have to do is remove the axle shaft bolts on the passenger side and separate the CV axle from the flange. Then remove the 2 differential mounting bolts on the same side. The differential will hang plenty low enough to wiggle the oil pan out without having to drop the diff completely. Confucius say: "If you want to know the easiest way to do something, watch a lazy man."

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, that makes sense then.

Yeah, you don't have to remove the differential on 4WD/AWD models to get the oil pan off. All you have to do is remove the axle shaft bolts on the passenger side and separate the CV axle from the flange. Then remove the 2 differential mounting bolts on the same side. The differential will hang plenty low enough to wiggle the oil pan out without having to drop the diff completely. Confucius say: "If you want to know the easiest way to do something, watch a lazy man."
@Geotrash This is great information, I will be sure to pass it along.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bryndan99

Latest posts