Oil pan gasket leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

InterceptorF

Reaction score
I was thinking of trying that just to see if it would help. I had a very similar leak and started a thread a few weeks ago and just haven't had time to get pictures posted. My leak to be in the same location, the back corner of the oil pan gasket or the rear main, which it appears dry in there. I cannot find anything leaking up top just at the bottom and mine is not as bad as this thread, yet. However, I do not drive it too often, 2nd vehicle.

So did you just remove the plastic shields, unbolt the two trans bolts, then the oil pan bolts and smear it in the joint the best you could? Mine seems to seep a bit on the drivers side and that back corner but not much on the passenger side.

I am debating on trying the oil cooler line gasket at least but that was replaced 8 months ago by the dealer i bought it from.
I loosened the oil pan bolts all the way around just enough; 1/16 inch or so, cleaned the flat surfaces along the gap and smeared it in and on the flat surface - then tightened the bolts back down and the left it all night to cure. No more leak

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu