Oil on spark plugs :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tim10

Tim10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a little bit of update

checked today my new spark plugs after 1500miles and no oil on them. picture of #3 spark plug that was oily before

IMG-6104.jpg IMG-6105.jpg IMG-6106.jpg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in Canada and yes, it was a quick oil change station and I had a chance to look underneath and was pretty clean

Please stay out of quick lube garages. If I do not go to the dealer I just bring my 0w20 Mobil 1 and AC Delco filter to a independent shop that I know and let him do it. But that is just me.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
When I first stepped away from my shops I did my own oil changes and then I got lazy and went to an oil change quick lube shop for one. They left the old oil filter seal stuck to the block and spun on a new one. I went to leave the place and saw a puddle of oil under my rig in the parking lot. I, not them, pulled it back in the shop and knew what it was right away. Needless to say, it was fixed, I got my money back and told them, "oil changes are easy, if they are done right". I supply the oil and filter and had been taking to my independent shop till I recently purchased tools again and will be doing it all myself. Those quick lube shops are full of "wanna be techs" that pay more attention to cell phones than the task at hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14