OIL filters for 2020 6.2 Denali ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coobie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Purchased a 2020 GMC Yukon Denali with the 6.2 motor I do my own oil changes and wanted a heavy duty oil filter.I am looking to purchase AC Delco # UPF63R is this a decent oil filter?What are your thoughts for a good full syn.Oil? My last GM product was a new 2002 chevy Silverado with the 5.3.I am finally coming back to GM products.Thanks..

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. IMO, you can't go wrong with the proper application AC Delco oil filter and I am also partial to premium WIX oil filters. The standard app for the AC Delco is the PF63E and is slightly shorter than the one you picked UPF63R. The WIX equal to the heavy duty is WL10255XP. These are listed as heavy duty compared to standard duty on the PF63E.

The description on the WIX filter states is best for full synthetic. Lots of guys here like the Mobil 1 full synthetic but others will chime in.

OP
OP
C

Coobie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you,I assume the filter I stated will work fine with the 6.2 motor?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yes, it is the correct AC Delco application as the Heavy Duty option for the 6.2 motor.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Frank!

Purchased a 2020 GMC Yukon Denali with the 6.2 motor I do my own oil changes and wanted a heavy duty oil filter.I am looking to purchase AC Delco # UPF63R is this a decent oil filter?What are your thoughts for a good full syn.Oil? My last GM product was a new 2002 chevy Silverado with the 5.3.I am finally coming back to GM products.Thanks..

Welcome to the forum from Oregon. IMO, you can't go wrong with the proper application AC Delco oil filter and I am also partial to premium WIX oil filters. The standard app for the AC Delco is the PF63E and is slightly shorter than the one you picked UPF63R. The WIX equal to the heavy duty is WL10255XP. These are listed as heavy duty compared to standard duty on the PF63E.

The description on the WIX filter states is best for full synthetic. Lots of guys here like the Mobil 1 full synthetic but others will chime in.

I agree with the AC Delco Filter. I use AC Delco parts for everything. Nothing else. But that is just me.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
even with AC DELCO...ALWAYS inspect prior to purchase.

i have had incorrect filters placed in the box, along with some with damaged or even curled threads...ALWAYS inspect.

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use mobil1 full synthetic oil, mobile1 filter since my 2019 suburban was new. 33,600 miles on it now and no issues or oil burn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14