Oil Filter Efficiency for Cleaner Oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Use a good quality filter, I use the WIX 51522XP, full synthetic oil, good quality fuel and keep the cooling system in top shape and you will be fine. Make sure the oil change intervals don't get forgotten about and not stretched out. I do every 5k miles. Extreme usage may dictate something else but normally, it is just common sense that keeps everything ok.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh Man this argument again!!
Treating any filter from a given brand is like saying there's no appreciable difference between a Tahoe and a Suburban.
Oh, and is the Suburban a 1500 or a 2500? Oh, & I meant Tahoe, not Traverse. Who cares, they're all Chevys.

Their lack of precision makes their comparisons almost useless.
For example, any old Mobil 1 motor oil in itself is no good to me.
ONLY the Mobil 1 that ALSO satisfies the latest 'vette requirements is the one I'll shop around for.
Same goes for Pennzoil, Valvoline, & Quaker State. They make some great oils ... and some I'll avoid too.

Fram makes how many different oil filters?
Anything less than the best version of Fram's version of PF61 may as well be garbage, to me.
You get the idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts