Offline maps keep getting deleted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottPSU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine seem to have been disappearing and re downloading again...

That said, I seem to have 2 google accounts on my system:
One is my own...the one I have had for more than 10 years on Google...
There is another one labeled "vehicle account"
I am inclined to try to delete it, but sort of afraid of what will happen if I do.

BTW, my vehicle is at the dealer today for some warranty work, and one of the items I requested was the software update W162 for the infotainment system, called out by GM Communication 22-NA-058. Hoping some of that will help.
That bulletin is great! Anxious to hear if it has worked for you or not. The audio loading and my favorite feature, moving/deleting presets is always great. Agree with all comments below. Fix this before we spend so much of our earned money on such vehicles. This was. A huge selling point for me trading a 2020 Yukon Denali and have mixed feelings about the whole thing. Thanks again for the information!!!

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That bulletin is great! Anxious to hear if it has worked for you or not. The audio loading and my favorite feature, moving/deleting presets is always great. Agree with all comments below. Fix this before we spend so much of our earned money on such vehicles. This was. A huge selling point for me trading a 2020 Yukon Denali and have mixed feelings about the whole thing. Thanks again for the information!!!
Well, unfortunately they “updated” me to W161, so no news to report until I can get back in and get the next version (why they don’t just push it over the air is beyond me…but..they don’t)

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can usually tell the speed limit by the sign on the side of road, that's what the cop's go by as well. "hey didn't you see the sign back there?" lol

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can usually tell the speed limit by the sign on the side of road, that's what the cop's go by as well. "hey didn't you see the sign back there?" lol
The Speed Limit sign is not my big concern. The Use Case I really care about is:
1) I know I am going on a road trip to an area w/ marginal cell coverage
2) I would like to "pre-download" offline maps for that area so I know I have them
3) I would prefer these be persistent....for the whole trip

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Speed Limit sign is not my big concern. The Use Case I really care about is:
1) I know I am going on a road trip to an area w/ marginal cell coverage
2) I would like to "pre-download" offline maps for that area so I know I have them
3) I would prefer these be persistent....for the whole trip
yep that's when I use a Garmin, you can't put that kind of reliability on google, learned that a long long time ago