Official oem/replica wheel thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hitdawg742

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMO, for that size of tire, the rear is fine as-is. Just crank the bars in the front so that it's within 3/4" or level with the rear.

don’t think I want it completely level. I like a slight rake but quite as much as the factory. Also, hate the squat look if I am towing or carrying a load. I’ve read cranking the bars can mess with the ride quality and stress suspension components. I’d probably opt for a lift kit? Any advice is welcomed. Thanks

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don’t think I want it completely level. I like a slight rake but quite as much as the factory. Also, hate the squat look if I am towing or carrying a load. I’ve read cranking the bars can mess with the ride quality and stress suspension components. I’d probably opt for a lift kit? Any advice is welcomed. Thanks

I agree. I prefer a rake for load-carrying and aerodynamic purposes. IMO, 1/2"-1" rake is ideal, but it depends on your eye and preferences.

For that small amount of cranking, it should be good. But, you're right. The best way would be with lift spindles. If they lift it too much, you can de-crank the bars a little to fine-tune it.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Just put a couple of turns on the stock keys and see what you think. It's free and easy. Here's mine.

20191123_152054.jpg

hitdawg742

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just put a couple of turns on the stock keys and see what you think. It's free and easy. Here's mine.

View attachment 241570

love the look... i ALMOST pulled the trigger on these same wheels but decided to stick with the stocks. can you post a pic of those center caps? red/black?

does the cranking add more stress to the suspension, etc.? did you notice a rougher ride? I have read some threads warning against levels/cranking keys. also don't want the components to wear out prematurely.

Last edited:

hitdawg742

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree. I prefer a rake for load-carrying and aerodynamic purposes. IMO, 1/2"-1" rake is ideal, but it depends on your eye and preferences.

For that small amount of cranking, it should be good. But, you're right. The best way would be with lift spindles. If they lift it too much, you can de-crank the bars a little to fine-tune it.

agree. i think 1/2" to 1" is ideal rake

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
love the look... i ALMOST pulled the trigger on these same wheels but decided to stick with the stocks. can you post a pic of those center caps? red/black?

does the cranking add more stress to the suspension, etc.? did you notice a rougher ride? I have read some threads warning against levels/cranking keys. also don't want the components to wear out prematurely.

Thanks. It suits me and I'm happy with it. Center caps I did with plastidip.

20170728_192547.jpg

General consensus is that cranking up to around 2" is no biggie.

Rule of thumb is 1/4" lift per turn. I think I am at 4 turns (might be 3.5 or 4.5). My CV angles are just fine. The only thing is that my jounce stops are no longer in contact with the control arm. I may add a pancake bumper when I tear into the front end, but I have noticed absolutely no difference in ride from stock to this point.

I'm sure the combined rotational mass of the tires and the slightly increased angles dont help, but I can't imagine it makes a significant difference in service life. Alignment is recommended when you get it where you like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14