Official Harbor Freight win or lose thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I primarily work on bikes, so...

Motorcycle Lift Table = Super Win... I have 2 in my shop
Believe it or not, their HVLP paint guns = WIN... People pay $400-500 SATA guns (I have a couple myself) but the REAL magic of a paint gun is WHO'S pulling the trigger...
I use their HVLP guns as throw-away. I don't even "clean" them anymore, it's a waste of my time. I dump a bit of acetone in the cup, put the spray tip in the cup with it, shake it around, dump it out, and put a bit more in shake it again and pull the trigger until clean acetone comes out then put it away (with the acetone still in it). That cleaning routine takes about 30 seconds. When something happens and the seals give it up or enough residue builds up inside from the crappy cleaning jobs, I just go buy a new one for $8-10...

Has anybody use their vacuum brake-bleeder? I'm thinking I'm going to pick 1 up.

ETA, I ashamed to admit, I just found this section of the fourm, been snooping around for a few months and posting occasionaly, not sure how I missed it...

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i work maintenance in a production facility now so aside from my few things i posted earlier i now have harbor freight Pittsburgh wrenches since i needed more than i used to. i needed more 1/2 drive stuff and i picked up a few more items. i usually stick with the idea to buy decent cheap stuff and replace it when it breaks with better stuff. ive had most of it for atleast 6 months some longer than that. ive broken a 3/8 ratchet so far but i was using a cheater bar so it was bound to happen after a few of those anyway.

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used quite a few tools from HF with no complaints. I used to work at a salvage yard dismantling cars and I would use their socket sets for everything. Literally never broke a socket. Lost a few, but not one broken one. Even if they were to break, you could buy an entire new set for the cost of 1 snap on socket just about.

ncpepperman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't realize there's a new HF in Asheville NC. Will check it out.
Northern Tool has been the go-to for the past several years......

Garandman

Reaction score
Trailer Win.

5 years ago we bought the 1,720 [fixed, not folding] lb “Heavy Duty” 4’x8’ tilt Trailer kit as it had a 2” receiver and 5.3x12 5 lug wheels. Bought it on sale with a coupon for less than $250.

Added plywood deck coated with BEHR textured deck paint. Added 10 D ring, 4 down each side, 1 front 1 rear.

We’ve used it to haul furniture, snow throwers, snowmobiles, motorcycles, etc.

i-RWMgS8N-L.jpg

There was a recall on tires and they swapped me for two new Carlisle tires and rims. Changed the rear lights and brackets for LED.

HF took these off the market and now only sells the folding version. https://www.harborfreight.com/1720-lbs-capacity-48-in-x-96-in-super-duty-folding-trailer-62647.html

How popular ar3 they? Decided to upgrade and when I sent out a text, got back an, “I’ll take it” three seconds later.....

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Nice! You got yours for the price of the one I bought about a month ago. I couldn't justify spending the extra on the one you got, but I studied them closely. Other than the different drawer layout and side tray, the legs on yours is made of slightly thicker steel. You can't beat 'em for the cost. Their 20%-off coupons don't apply to the carts or tool boxes, but it does for the optional fold-out tray, which I recommend adding.

Mine:

https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-storage/tool-carts/30-in-4-drawer-black-tech-cart-64096.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan