Official Chevy Navigation Accessory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With Virginia planning to prohibit drivers from holding cell phones, I am wondering if an in car nav system is worthwhile.

How good is the Chevy system? How maps updated? Is there a cost for update?

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So long as the system has CarPlay, it doesn’t matter. Plug in and use GM or Waze.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bluetooth has been a thing for a long time, so have cell phone holders. that being said anything below a 2016 is almost archaic oem nav wise. 2014-2015 can be upgraded to projection of carplay/android auto, 2016+ should have it factory already.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bluetooth has been a thing for a long time, so have cell phone holders. that being said anything below a 2016 is almost archaic oem nav wise. 2014-2015 can be upgraded to projection of carplay/android auto, 2016+ should have it factory already.

My archaic system still beats Waze occasionally. The other day it warned of a traffic jam ahead about 20 minutes before Waze.

Can't update my maps anymore, GM hasn't authorized HERE to produce an update after 2016. Somebody ought to have figured a hack by now.

In Florida, you are allowed to interact with your phone if using a navigation system or Uber/Lyft, etc.