Official 00-06 Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade drop guide with pics...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Model/Year:
- 2005 2WD Escalade - 5.3

Advertised drop:
- 3"/4"

Actual drop:
- 3.25" / 3.5"

Fender height:
- 31" & 31.5" Front
- 31.5" & 32.5" Rear

Front:
- LCA's : stock
- UCA's : stock
- Spindles : MaxTrac 2"
- Sway Bar : stock
- Tie Rods : stock
- T-bars : stock
- Keys : 1" Un-cranked as much as I could
- Shocks : stock
- Steering : stock

Rear:
- UTA : stock
- LTA : stock
- Springs : MaxTrac 4"
- Panhard : stock
- Shocks : Stock Air (blown)
- Air Assist : Dead stock compressor

Wheels & Tires:
- Wheels : 18" GM Gloss Black OEM
- Tires : Nitto NT421Q 265/65 R18

Storytime:
So I got this thing pretty cheap a year ago. Had 192k but was a grand cheaper and 10 times cleaner than any Tahoe or Yukon in a 75 mile radius of me. I immediately lowered it on the cheap, knowing I'd "clean it up" in the future. Present day is the future.

So I've had rear BellTech SP to replace the blown rear stock air shocks. But was going to install them after I ordered the DJM end links & rear control arm relocation kit. I should have spent the $200 on this a year ago. That's all I left out when I dropped it. Or so I thought.

While trying to make sure my MaxTrac shock extension will fit with the DJM stuff, I discover the Spohn control arms. Which led me to the Spohn Panhard bar. Which might be a must to get rid of this things Chevy lean. Any thoughts from anyone?

Also, I'm attaching a pic of this thing. I guess I'm old as I like the 18's with the bigger tires. Both the look and the ride. Reminds me of high school. Heating and/or cutting springs on our mini's riding on stock wheels and tires. But I'm glad I went with MaxTrac. The springs are a little soft and barely settled any. With the apindles and keys de-cranked, they were just barely able to align it.
Looks great!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Model/Year:
- 2005 2WD Escalade - 5.3

Advertised drop:
- 3"/4"

Actual drop:
- 3.25" / 3.5"

Fender height:
- 31" & 31.5" Front
- 31.5" & 32.5" Rear

Front:
- LCA's : stock
- UCA's : stock
- Spindles : MaxTrac 2"
- Tie Rods : stock
- T-bars : stock
- Keys : 1" Un-cranked as much as I could
- Shocks : stock
- Steering : stock

Rear:
- UTA : stock
- LTA : stock
- Springs : MaxTrac 4"
- Panhard : stock
- Shocks : Stock Air (blown)
- Air Assist : Dead stock compressor

Wheels & Tires:
- Wheels : 18" GM Gloss Black OEM
- Tires : Nitto NT421Q 265/65 R18

Storytime:
So I got this thing pretty cheap a year ago. Had 192k but was a grand cheaper and 10 times cleaner than any Tahoe or Yukon in a 75 mile radius of me. I immediately lowered it on the cheap, knowing I'd "clean it up" in the future. Present day is the future.

So I've had rear BellTech SP to replace the blown rear stock air shocks. But was going to install them after I ordered the DJM end links & rear control arm relocation kit. I should have spent the $200 on this a year ago. That's all I left out when I dropped it. Or so I thought.

While trying to make sure my MaxTrac shock extension will fit with the DJM stuff, I discover the Spohn control arms. Which led me to the Spohn Panhard bar. Which might be a must to get rid of this things Chevy lean. Any thoughts from anyone?

Also, I'm attaching a pic of this dirty AF thing. I guess I'm old as I like the 18's with the bigger tires. Both the look and the ride. Reminds me of high school. Heating and/or cutting springs on our mini's riding on stock wheels and tires. But I'm glad I went with MaxTrac. The springs are a little soft and barely settled any. With the apindles and keys de-cranked, they were just barely able to align it.
Looks good. You don't see many 5.3 rwd Escalades.

In-com-plete

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks good. You don't see many 5.3 rwd Escalades
Thanks man. RWD Escalades were pretty rare but the 6.0 RWD Escalades were extremely rare. I believe most were special orders. Last year when I was looking for a Tahoe/Yukon, I only was looking RWD so I didn't think about Escalades. I almost didn't buy it specifically because of the auto ride (and color) as I didn't want to deal with it. I like the look of the Tahoe better, especially lowered, but this one was too clean and too good of a deal to pass up.

EDDIE03HOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_6393.jpeg
2003 Tahoe 4/6 drop measures 30 1/2 all around. Trying to get rid of that gap what tire size do y’all recommend running 20’s.

Lazykc226

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Figured I’d post. I never do and have been on here for like 11 years or something. I posted a couple weeks ago in exterior looking for help with headlights. Didn’t get much of a response. Long story short. The town I’m from has a bunch of aftermarket companies and I’ve gone to school and or have grown up with just about all (Whipple, McGaughy, Belltech, Speed Engineering, Full Throttle, Stone Fab, Western Chassis) to name a few. So me and my boys have been doing SEMA and show trucks since the 90’s. This Tahoe was bought new by me with the intention to make it a SEMA project. We ended up going a different direction and did a different new truck. So this Tahoe just sat for years. I let my buddies grandma drive it. It now has around just under 50k miles. I saw it sitting out at my shop and decided to start messing with it.

Model/Year/2x/4x/AWD:
- 2005 Tahoe LT

Advertised drop:
- low / Tony’s 6” springs

Fender height front/rear:
- have never measured

Front:
- LCA's : Custom tubular Stone Fab Coilover Kit
- UCA's : Custom tubular Stone Fab Coilover Kit
- Spindles : Stock
- Sway Bar : Belltech
- Tie Rods : Custom hiem joint Stone Fab Coilover Kit
- T-bars : None
- T-bar keys : None
- Shocks : QA1 double adjustable Coilover
- Steering : New center section, HD hooked to Hiems

Rear:
- UTA : Spohn Adjustable with Del-Sphere
- LTA : Spohn Adjustable with Del-Sphere
- Springs : NorCal 6”
- Panhard : Spohn Adjustable with Del-Sphere
- Sway Bar : Belltech along with the offset dog bones
- Shocks : QA1 dual adjustable
- Air Assist : None

Wheels & Tires:
- Wheels : 22" Snowflakes
- Tires : Nitto 275/40R22

Considered upgrades:
- Nope. I have billets floating everywhere in my shop. I’ve put so many sets on and for some reason keep going back to the wheels on it. Did a bunch of motor / performance. Building (2) 2 door 2wd right now so prob just mess with those and some of my other trucks.

Brief impressions of setup:
Great kit rides great. Never had any bumpsteer. Handles like on rails (for a brick).

View attachment 370943

View attachment 370944

View attachment 370945

View attachment 370946

I need to update the pics. Rear appliqué are SS smooth painted, the hatch is the other type with no handle or plastic on top and it has SS painted smooth wiper cowl. Still need help with headlights.
Did you have to do any cutting to fender wells for clearance? And are you running the helper bags in Tony's rear springs? I was looking at the torsion bar to coilover setup aswell atomic fab makes one with viking shocks looks good.

Michaelhdzz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is how my 2004 yukon is sitting on a 4/6 drop with lower control arms and 22s.

Attachments

• 054C1237-D4C1-4604-AFE4-02AF0AB8B070.jpeg
    054C1237-D4C1-4604-AFE4-02AF0AB8B070.jpeg
    360.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 6FAC36E1-F11C-47DF-AF19-F6088489079E.jpeg
    6FAC36E1-F11C-47DF-AF19-F6088489079E.jpeg
    387.6 KB · Views: 17
  • E72ACC7A-C69F-4466-89A7-55539E7CDC54.jpeg
    E72ACC7A-C69F-4466-89A7-55539E7CDC54.jpeg
    332.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 86728834-F503-4AB1-900F-D777FBD90387.jpeg
    86728834-F503-4AB1-900F-D777FBD90387.jpeg
    343.6 KB · Views: 15

Michaelhdzz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don’t have specific details on the brands cause I got it done by other people but it was a 4/6 from with 4inch drop spindle, 6inch rear spring, relocated arm bracket, but after I got that drop it started wobbling it at 50-55. So after the drop I got the inner and outer tie rods changed out with lower ball joints, two other parts were change but I forgot their names lol. I cranked up the torsion keys all the way so I could get out the most of the negative camber and that’s basically it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts