Official 00-06 Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade drop guide with pics...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't even have my 22's on yet. I thought you already had the 4600's on already. Guys seem to like them on their lowered rides. I think the kyb's just aren't strong enough. I have maybe 5,000 miles on them too.

I have the silver beltech shocks. I wonder how much better the bilsteins would ride.

I also don' have my 22s on. But I have 20s on at the moment

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I just noticed the 4600's say heavy duty. Idk if that would make a too harsh of a ride.Screenshot_20180526-105631_Samsung Internet.jpg
These are the ones I have. I got rid of the ZW7 crap.Screenshot_20180526-105655_Samsung Internet.jpg

04Huck

"I'd rather be lucky than good"
Reaction score
I have the silver beltech shocks. I wonder how much better the bilsteins would ride.

I also don' have my 22s on. But I have 20s on at the moment
There’s one thing you’re forgetting. How close are you to your bumpstop brackets front and rear? Do you have bumpstops in the brackets? What’s your front setup? I don’t remember.

If you’re like me (stock keys totally decranked) there’s only about 1/2” between the front lower control arm and the bumpstop bracket. You’ve gotta have bumpstops in there to cushion the blow on the front. The shocks will control the suspension to a point but you need the bumpstops themselves to help with extreme upward motion. On these trucks, the bumpstops are part of the front suspension package. They’re meant to be just barely not touching the control arm sitting still.

For the rear, you’ve gotta do that free travel mod. I don’t even have bumpstops in the back and have not bottomed out once. The rear of my truck rides great, the front is a little mushy, I’m gonna put some Z71 bumpstops up front and trim them to fit but I like the shocks overall (silver Belltech SPs)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s one thing you’re forgetting. How close are you to your bumpstop brackets front and rear? Do you have bumpstops in the brackets? What’s your front setup? I don’t remember.

If you’re like me (stock keys totally decranked) there’s only about 1/2” between the front lower control arm and the bumpstop bracket. You’ve gotta have bumpstops in there to cushion the blow on the front. The shocks will control the suspension to a point but you need the bumpstops themselves to help with extreme upward motion. On these trucks, the bumpstops are part of the front suspension package. They’re meant to be just barely not touching the control arm sitting still.

For the rear, you’ve gotta do that free travel mod. I don’t even have bumpstops in the back and have not bottomed out once. The rear of my truck rides great, the front is a little mushy, I’m gonna put some Z71 bumpstops up front and trim them to fit but I like the shocks overall (silver Belltech SPs)

I have the beltech 2" drop spindles in the front. The bumpstops are unchanged from factory. The keys are in the same spot as they were with stock spindles. The rear I removed the bumpstops but not the brackets

deepend

Reaction score
2001 Tahoe LT 2wd
3/5 advertised drop (but closer to 4/6)

Front:
2" McGaughy's spindles and keys

Rear:
DJM 5" coils and shock relocation brackets.

Shocks:
Bilstein HD

Wheels/tires:
24x10, 305/35/24

Ride quality:
My wife is okay with it.

View attachment 109813

View attachment 109814

View attachment 109815
Hey do you know what model number are for your bilsteins hd with that drop? I have tonys 3/5-6 drop and i want different shocks instead of my belltech sp. Thanks

04Huck

"I'd rather be lucky than good"
Reaction score
I have the beltech 2" drop spindles in the front. The bumpstops are unchanged from factory. The keys are in the same spot as they were with stock spindles. The rear I removed the bumpstops but not the brackets
Hmm, then idk why the front would be so bad

Vetkllr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hmm, then idk why the front would be so bad

What condition are the front bumpstops in?

I have a 2003 2WD ZW7, 2" Mcgaughys spindles, factory bump stops, and T keys are untouched.

The rear has 3" Mcgaughys springs and brand new Bell Tech street shocks and brand new (today) bump stops.

All of my bumpstops were WASTED! literally fall apart as you touch them!! Fronts still need to be replaced. The ride was awful. Hit hard everywhere I went. The rear is obviously much better now. but I still need to get the front bump stops in. I am also thinking about replacing front shocks. Then if I still have the wallowing and floating I will do the poly end links and sway bar bushings.

I lowered the Tahoe the day we bought it off the lot! It has 186K miles with factory spark plugs and wires! (I know that has nothing to do with suspension but just thought I would throw that in.)

HoeRyder26

Reaction score
Model/Year/2x/4x/AWD:
- 2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Advertised drop:
- 2"/3"

Front:
Stock Keys lowered

Rear:
3" Ebay Springs

Wheels & Tires:
- Wheels : 22" GMC Denali Wheels
- Tires :285/45r22
Before
20180604_122813_zpsaxewcdov.jpg.html

droppedd.jpg
Before with 17" Wheels W/ 285/70r17
20180612_113455_zpsb4gwab25.jpg.html

droppeddd.jpg
After with the 22" Wheels with 285/45r22
20180612_164417_zpsbucirzcg.jpg.html

dropped.jpg

What i want it to look like
10236835_2012131121047.jpg

I love the way the 17" wheels match the paint but i love the 22's. Definitly not happy with the drop and will be going 2" drop spindles and 4/5" Rear full kit.

Last edited:

dszx13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking into getting new shocks soon. I have a set of 2" spindles I'm going to put on. And 3" rear springs already on. Wanting belltech street performance. What model # should I order. I don't plan to go lower since this is wife's daily02ea08948dc77253f31af56b3f8101c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne