OEM Trailer Brake addition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ‘18 Tahoe came with what I assume is a harness for an aftermarket controller in the glove box. Of course it is not hooked to anything in there. Plugs under the dash somewhere.

The answer, per interwebz, is no. Adding the OEM trailer brake is not going to happen. Wamp wamp.

It's quite involved and even calls for different brake pads. I would say it could be done but at what expense?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya the aftermarket connectors are there on any with a tow package, the 2 power wires are tucked in the engine compartment one is on the drivers side of the fuse box down in between the fender and fuse box, the other taped down on the main harness and connect to the 2 external power studs on the front of the fuse box I hooked mine up and then taped into the power at the trailer connector for some backup led flashers, the rest of the connection is tucked under the dash I think near the steering column. If you download the gm upfitter guide it tells you where everything is.

dmad1

Reaction score
ya the aftermarket connectors are there on any with a tow package, the 2 power wires are tucked in the engine compartment one is on the drivers side of the fuse box down in between the fender and fuse box, the other taped down on the main harness and connect to the 2 external power studs on the front of the fuse box I hooked mine up and then taped into the power at the trailer connector for some backup led flashers, the rest of the connection is tucked under the dash I think near the steering column. If you download the gm upfitter guide it tells you where everything is.
Where do I get the "gm upfitter guide" ?

SSpinball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. you need everything, lots hardware and software,
including harness, master cylinder, and booster.
not economically doable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT