OEM Style or OEM Back Up Camera and Mirror Monitor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bwiggins1985

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Guys I am new to the site. I got the Suburban this last week. Picked it up last Friday. I am trying to add a back up camera as OEM as possible. I found a guy online that has an OEM rear view mirror monitor that retains On Star and etc. It would provide the ability to install an aftermarket rear view camera. The mirror would work if i removed some of the wires from the factory mirror plug. Right now there are 13 wires running to my rear view mirror. The gentlemen stated within the 13 wires, there are wires that are for a pre-wire for a factory back up camera. How could I check to see if this is the case and what all would I need to do to install a factory rear view mirror with the back up camera screen? And with that where would a factory GM camera run to plug into at the rear hatch?

I am not sure if a double din radio would be a better option..I am wanting to keep it as factory looking as possible. I found a GM factory navigation radio but I am not sure what all you would need to to to make that work to keep on star and all the steering wheel stuff to work. I am not sure if you can add all the navigation antenna and etc to work or if the factory or aftermarket camera would work with a new to me navigation unit...

Could anyone help me understand about the wires in my mirror to add a back up camera?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts