OEM Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you guys checked these prices online against the major GM dealer parts departments because I’m not seeing any real savings versus them. Actually a lot of times cheaper elsewhere. Sorry @loudtahoe but I don’t get it. Why are you doing this?

OP
OP
loudtahoe

loudtahoe

Reaction score
Have you guys checked these prices online against the major GM dealer parts departments because I’m not seeing any real savings versus them. Actually a lot of times cheaper elsewhere. Sorry @loudtahoe but I don’t get it. Why are you doing this?
Show me? I’m literal posting what GM retail is?
And selling it just above cost.
10% to be exact.
But why be a dick about it?
If you don’t want anything then don’t post about it?
I do this so people do get screwed.
When I worked for Toyota, I did the exact same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're you able to see my post from yesterday?

On another note, I appreciate what you're doing online here, there's always got to be someone that has to be a dick. Some people have such a miserable life/attitude that they have to try and bring everyone else down to their level.

OP
OP
loudtahoe

loudtahoe

Reaction score
We're you able to see my post from yesterday?

On another note, I appreciate what you're doing online here, there's always got to be someone that has to be a dick. Some people have such a miserable life/attitude that they have to try and bring everyone else down to their level.
I did see it.
I actually took a 3 day weekend. So Monday I’ll hammer down and message all of you back.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folks,

The way I see it, @loudtahoe is trying to sell his product. I don’t think he’s trying to deceive anyone. If he can help some folks out and they feel like they are getting a fair deal, that is great. If you can find the same item for less somewhere else, then by all means get. I’m sure if folks look hard enough, they will find some items that are priced lower that he is posting. That goes with about everything on the internet.

I have to admit that I was a little skeptical when he made his first post here, but in the end, all I see is a guy trying to increase sales for his employer and this is a free venue to market what they have and teach a very focus demographic. I don’t think he has misrepresented anything in what he has shared.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Folks,

The way I see it, @loudtahoe is trying to sell his product. I don’t think he’s trying to deceive anyone. If he can help some folks out and they feel like they are getting a fair deal, that is great. If you can find the same item for less somewhere else, then by all means get. I’m sure if folks look hard enough, they will find some items that are priced lower that he is posting. That goes with about everything on the internet.

I have to admit that I was a little skeptical when he made his first post here, but in the end, all I see is a guy trying to increase sales for his employer and this is a free venue to market what they have and teach a very focus demographic. I don’t think he has misrepresented anything in what he has shared.

Plus the more he sells, the more it helps his paycheck out, it's a win/win. I worked in GM parts for a very short time, and I know how extreme some of the list/cost prices are. Since he's 10% over cost, and depending if there is matrix pricing, he can save you a lot of money on things. Some day I may need a crate engine, I bet there are some savings there for sure, haha

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
could have it tomorrow 283.84 is your cost

Here this is for 256.69. It's the first one that I grabbed and compared.
https://www.gmpartsstore.com/oem-pa...MIu56nto_n4wIVksVkCh0V4QeCEAQYBCABEgLy0_D_BwE

Show me? I’m literal posting what GM retail is?
And selling it just above cost.
10% to be exact.
But why be a dick about it?
If you don’t want anything then don’t post about it?
I do this so people do get screwed.
When I worked for Toyota, I did the exact same thing.

I definitely am not being a dick, just asking an honest question. Of course that's what you would say when someone questions you, though. Call someone else a dick when you don't want any questions asked. That's exactly what someone does when they want to do something with no scrutiny. Really, who was the dick there? You. You're acting like you are selling parts that nobody else can come close to in price, when it's actually no better than any other online parts dealer. And this isn't a forum for people to make money at. You're supposed to be a paid vendor here to advertise to sell. You're using this forum for your own personal gain.

Folks,

I never said he was trying to deceive anyone but this isn't supposed to be a place for free advertising. Companies pay money for that privilege. I asked honest questions that SHOULD be asked otherwise we're being naïve.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never said he was trying to deceive anyone but this isn't supposed to be a place for free advertising. Companies pay money for that privilege. I asked honest questions that SHOULD be asked otherwise we're being naïve.
Fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.