OEM Nav/Radio plugs in the rear.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ebay Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look in the

attached picture, the 3rd cable from the left, that big plug, has a 'handle' that you need to lift, uninstalling, and press down when installing. If you zoom in on the plug you can see the handle.

Ron

PS: in case you use an amplifier inline with radio-harness, there'd be two of these plugs

View attachment 201318

I have it up and the plug will not come out! See picture above a couple replies.

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have it up and the plug will not come out!

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

Is it all the way back? when you push that handle back, it pushes the plug out. If you forced the plug in without using the handle, it might be jammed, you can carefully wiggle/pry it out with the handle half way. Doing that you should see that handle move and help it come out that way. These plugs can be a pain, if they are not completely open when you seat them, and lock them, they can jam.

The handle should push it out initially, and use it to take it out.

Ron

Ebay Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it all the way back? when you push that handle back, it pushes the plug out. If you forced the plug in without using the handle, it might be jammed, you can carefully wiggle/pry it out with the handle half way. Doing that you should see that handle move and help it come out that way. These plugs can be a pain, if they are not completely open when you seat them, and lock them, they can jam.

The handle should push it out initially, and use it to take it out.

Ron

The handle is up. I have pulled and pulled and pulled and it will NOT come out so that is why I am frustrated beyond belief at this point!

OK time to walk away. I found a hammer so it is time to go watch some street racing and come back to this later. Have a Wonderful Night!

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The handle is up. I have pulled and pulled and pulled and it will NOT come out so that is why I am frustrated beyond belief at this point!

OK time to walk away. I found a hammer so it is time to go watch some street racing and come back to this later. Have a Wonderful Night!

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

It has been months since I installed mine, check around the edges to see if there is a tab or so that needs to be depressed. (and move the handle as far back as it goes)

Does the plug even move when you lock/unlock the handle?

Last edited:

Ebay Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has been months since I installed mine, check around the edges to see if there is a tab or so that needs to be depressed. (and move the handle as far back as it goes)

Does the plug even move when you lock/unlock the handle?

OK so after a cooling off period I was finally able to pull the connector out with the tab up. Talk about crazy! Now I will dig out the original conversion connector that came with the radio when I bought it and try to hook it up again and see if it is the connector or the radio. More drama to follow.

So I swapped out the harness this morning and only hooked up the radio part and not the Nav or VSS or camera and then drove it to work. It functioned perfectly and it shut off when I opened the door. More driving to see how it goes.

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so after a cooling off period I was finally able to pull the connector out with the tab up. Talk about crazy! Now I will dig out the original conversion connector that came with the radio when I bought it and try to hook it up again and see if it is the connector or the radio. More drama to follow.

So I swapped out the harness this morning and only hooked up the radio part and not the Nav or VSS or camera and then drove it to work. It functioned perfectly and it shut off when I opened the door. More driving to see how it goes.

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

That sounds promising, VSS wire and GPS antenna wire should not make a difference there. Hook up the GPS antenna and see what it does (it won't update the screen when driving without the VSS connected I noticed)

Ron

Ebay Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds promising, VSS wire and GPS antenna wire should not make a difference there. Hook up the GPS antenna and see what it does (it won't update the screen when driving without the VSS connected I noticed)

Ron
I could care less about the Nav like you don't care about the XM Radio! The drama continues. I drove home and the radio played perfect and did not turn off by itself. However every time I turn the truck off and restart it the clock resets to 12:00. Each and every time so there has got to be something wrong with this radio!

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could care less about the Nav like you don't care about the XM Radio! The drama continues. I drove home and the radio played perfect and did not turn off by itself. However every time I turn the truck off and restart it the clock resets to 12:00. Each and every time so there has got to be something wrong with this radio!

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

Oh I would like to run the XM radio stuff, assuming it would give me free traffic ndd weather updates.

Hmmm... maybe all power to the radio ***** off? as if the battery has been disconnected?

(The time thing seems to be weird, I would expect it to be set by GPS... mine didn't seem to do that, which is strange (unless I have a wrong setting)

Ron

Ebay Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well several days later and nothing has changed. The radio is still working like it should and the clock keeps flashing back to 12:00 every time I start the truck? Has me baffled but at least the radio is working.

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well several days later and nothing has changed. The radio is still working like it should and the clock keeps flashing back to 12:00 every time I start the truck? Has me baffled but at least the radio is working.

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

Hmm.. that is weird. My radio keeps the time alright, what is weir though is that it doesn't change driving into another timezone. It being a NAV radio, with GPS, I would expect that.

I wonder if that radio 'completely' gets shut off and keeps some info in battery backed up ram. Is there anything else that gets reset? Like the GPS presets?

Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans