OEM Fog Lights on SSV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeauDuke45

Reaction score
Ran the OEM fog light kit just as instructed, but no luck when hitting the fog button in the cab. I read somewhere on the forum that the fuse box does not have power run to the fog light switch in SSV’s.

Anybody know for sure and how to run power from the fuse box to the fog switch in the dash? That or just wore the, to be on whenever the key is on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, my 13 ppt didn't have power from the junction box to the fog light switch. ended up putting a rocker switch near the steering wheel to control the fogs

OP
OP
B

BeauDuke45

Reaction score
Hey Kee,

I would prefer to use the fog light switch, so would like to get power ran to the OEM switch in the interior of the vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression you still needed a bcm reflash. I looked into it a long time ago and it seemed more trouble than it was worth. I’ll see if I can find the threads on it.

Edit: maybe it’s just the PPV? Unsure if the SSV got wired up the same way. Mine does still have the flasher module but don’t know if that was factory or upfitter installed

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/oem-style-fog-light-install-issues.100106/