OEM fog light kit installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

09Hoe

Reaction score
I have a 2009 LS and I'm wondering how hard is it to install? To make it specific I mean by wiring everything thanks!

GreatWhite

Reaction score
I installed the OEM kit in my '09 Yukon. The lights themselves were a piece of cake. The switch module was actually easier than the instructions suggested - there are a couple of different trim arrangements - mine just popped out but yours may need some disassembly of the dash. The wiring harness wasn't too bad, but was a bit fiddly to thread through the various openings and the Christmas tree fasteners didn't seem to line up with available holes all that well. You will have to disassemble the underhood fuse box and pull one of the connector blocks off the bottom. The hot wire for the fog lights has to be inserted into the correct hole in the connector block (the illustration provided is technically incorrect - if you are doing this and need help, PM me and I'll go look up the drawing). None of it is too tough, but it does require some basic level of mechanical skill.

Packerfan52

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Installing factory fog light kit on my 2007 Yukon

I will be installing my fog lights soon can you send me the drawing for the correct hole in the connector block.....Thanks

bwags

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am installing the OE GM Fog lamp kit and my B5 post already has a purple in it, does anyone know where the purple for the for hot goes?

Thanks,

Brian

Jmar73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tried my hand with this kit, although the instructions are a bit confusing, I am confident I have the connector in the right spot and a good ground.

Can't get the lights to work, is there any other magic to this? Do I have to pay a gm fee?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're reviving a 4 year old thread and there's no pictures so how are we supposed to help you? Check your connections, check for power and ground at the light, etc. Hard to be of any more help.

Jmar73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Here's a pic of my connector, looks the same to me as the one that you chase in the link above.

Sorry, when should one start a new thread opposed to adding to one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu