Odometer reading from flooded 2022 Tahoe Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JIMS Z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Hurricane Ian flooded my 2022 Tahoe Z71 in 6' of tidal surge. Vehicle electronics totally dead, no power.
Is there any way to retrieve the current mileage reading from odometer which is needed to estimate value for insurance claim ?
Thank you

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer maybe can get from ECU? Otherwise…make best educated guess you can, and tell the claims adjuster the situation. Many vehicles have electronic Odometers, so you can’t be the only one in this situation.

So sorry you went through this…good luck to you!

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If this is new by few months, if same time you joined forum, they should get you a new vehicle or original purchase price plus trade if you had one. That sucks hope family and friends are ok and good luck getting new vehicle.

jforb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OnStar sends me a report about every month with the mileage, oil life, and tire pressure....maybe take the latest one? you should be able to sign up on chevrolet.com/ownercenter and find it.

bummer about losing your Tahoe...

OP
OP
J

JIMS Z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If this is new by few months, if same time you joined forum, they should get you a new vehicle or original purchase price plus trade if you had one. That sucks hope family and friends are ok and good luck getting new vehicle.
Thanks everyone for the replies.
Got vehicle last February. Still under 10,000 miles on it. I did have dealer oil change last month, have to find receipt showing mileage.
The insurance adjuster wants to have it towed to a central lot to inspect and give estimate. His reason was, due to volume of flooded vehicles it's easier to do all inspections at one central location. Not sure if I should let them take possession before we agree on reimbursement value. I hate dealing with these people.
Would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

01dailey

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Hurricane Ian flooded my 2022 Tahoe Z71 in 6' of tidal surge. Vehicle electronics totally dead, no power.
Is there any way to retrieve the current mileage reading from odometer which is needed to estimate value for insurance claim ?
Thank you
Check your OnStar monthly report which is emailed to you each month. It shows the mileage each month.