Odd A/C behavior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KoreyJoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum, I have a 2009 tahoe LTZ and the front a/c will operate normal at first, blowing out the front vents, but then it will start blowing down by the feet and then would change and blow out the defrost vents on top and then back to front vents. It would do this randomly, it's not showing this on the display. I did a reset by disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes and then ran the car for 5 minutes, not touching anything. I thought this fixed it but after a while it started doing it again. Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated.
Thank you

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum, I have a 2009 tahoe LTZ and the front a/c will operate normal at first, blowing out the front vents, but then it will start blowing down by the feet and then would change and blow out the defrost vents on top and then back to front vents. It would do this randomly, it's not showing this on the display. I did a reset by disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes and then ran the car for 5 minutes, not touching anything. I thought this fixed it but after a while it started doing it again. Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated.
Thank you

Yep, sounds like an actuator has gone bad. There are 4 of them and they do different things. A Tech-2 or other bi-directional scan tool that can read BCM codes will tell you which one went bad and why. It will give the trouble code plus a 2 digit symptom code behind it telling you why it failed. And of course, it can properly perform a reset of all the actuators.

OP
OP
K

KoreyJoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep, sounds like an actuator has gone bad. There are 4 of them and they do different things. A Tech-2 or other bi-directional scan tool that can read BCM codes will tell you which one went bad and why. It will give the trouble code plus a 2 digit symptom code behind it telling you why it failed. And of course, it can properly perform a reset of all the actuators.

Thank you I will check that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9