OBS tahoe homelink problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scz71864

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i bought a homelink wireless transmitter for my truck (1999 tahoe), and im trying to install it. can some help me out with the wiring. im not sure what colors are what. which is the ground wire, which is the power wire. im going to splice it. any help would be great
IMG_0245.jpg
IMG_0246.jpg
IMG_0247.jpg

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
i can't remember exactly which one is which as i just experimented until i got the right combo...one wire is pos, one is neg and the other is back lighting for the white dots on the switches to go to an illumination wire...i went to the headlight switch for that wire. i actually just had a couple wires that were known ground and power and tried a few different combinations until i could press a homelink button and got a red light. i'm sure one could use a test light to figure it out too.

Pat

GTRhino24

Reaction score
I’m about to do this same install this week. My only question is where to get the illumination power from. The OP mentioned pulling from the headlamp switch, but does anyone know which wire is good for backlight illumination or do I just need to use a test light? Any help is appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu