Obs Gas Guage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well on mine it isnt the PCM, just did the 0411 swap and it still vibrates, so that pretty much just leaves the stepper motor on the gauge itself.:emotions122:

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is the swap working for you otherwise?

Well it started right up, the idle was low and kinda hunting. AC would only kick on for .2 seconds, probably due to the low idle. After about 10 minutes and a key cycle it learned and is better....still a hair lower than before.

Then I tried to get a crank relearn :emotions122::emotions122:

First shop had an OTC Pegasus? and the youngster couldnt get it to work, kept erroring out. Then went to another guy down the street with a snap on scanner (he also owned a tahoe, 98.) and it would say rev to fuel cut out. We would do that but it would just sit there. After 15 tries he was afraid he was gonna blow the engine so he said I could do it. I kept if floored for 20 whole seconds :mexsmoke: and then gave up. AT that point I didnt even care if it blew up, lol.

Then went to a dealer and had it done for $30.

The good things so far:
Correct tire size and speedo is now exact,
Speed limiter is gone.....tested last night, :)
Vats , rear O2's and alternator codes disabled.
efan pins are activated, next project.

Need to buy EFI live $$$$$$$

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos